“Sufficient place to stop”
Review of Hotel de Paris

Hotel de Paris
Ranked #20 of 52 Hotels in Rouen
Reviewed 4 August 2015

Rooms average, clean. Very tiny lift, but welcome. Staff great.parking on street but you have to pay. We luckily got a spot right outside. We only stayed two nights but we're well pleased and it offered easy access to most sights you want to visit. Would go again.

Room Tip: State your needs
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled with friends
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 23 July 2015

Stayed here for one night with a group of friends. They put on a very reasonably priced evening meal for us and the staff were all superb. The chap who looked after us most of the evening spoke great English and as he was leaving suggested we might like to see the light show at the Cathedral which was due to begin in 15mins. What an excellent tip as the light show left us all thoroughly impressed. Yes, the rooms are a little tired and a little cramped but everything was clean and given it's not the most expensive place to stay we felt we had got good value for money. Breakfast was fine and it was nice to walk across the road and watch the River Seine wind its way through the City. All in all a good experience.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 July 2015

Very welcoming and friendly staff. The hotel is ideally located a couple hundred of meters away from the city center (most notably, the "Gros Horloge"). I'm someone who enjoys city breaks and likes walking through city streets, so that was a big plus.
On the negative side of things, the facilities are dated and the room I got was a bit on the small side.
The walls and doors let in most of the noise from the adjoining rooms and floors. I only stayed for one night, so I didn't mind that much.
The breakfast was pretty good, not a lot of choice, but satisfying enough. A bit expensive given the selection (9€50)
Small hiccup: the WIFI password I was provided didn't work, and the reception closes at 9PM.
To sum things up: excellent location for a walking tour of the city, but don't expect luxury.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 June 2015

The good:
There was a long mirror on the bathroom door, not just one over the sink in the bathroom.
The room was acceptably clean, the bedding and towels were very clean.
There was an extra blanket.
Free wi-fi.
Light bulb in the table lamp was burned out and that was taken care of promptly when I brought it to their attention.
The bad:
The heat had already been turned off for the season (end of May) and the weather wasn't especially warm in the evening.
There were no washcloths. (They don't provide them at all.)
The walls of the rooms (at least where I was) were so thin that I could hear the couple in the next room speaking in normal tones of voice. The 2nd night I was there, I heard every snore all night long from the person in the next room.
The result:
I can't comment about the breakfast because I didn't eat there, but it is available and the dining room looked nice. The price was rock-bottom so I liked that, and yes, I'd stay there again but I'd take earplugs!

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 March 2015

My husband and I went for a short break in February, we stayed at Hotel De Paris for one week, we could not have been happier with our selection of hotel. Initial impression was great, as we have been warmly welcomed and staff speaking very well English. We had a little long drive from Luxembourg and my husband fell sick on the way, as soon as we arrived to the hotel they took care of us, the young lady at the reception immediately called a doctor, who was there in less than 15min, I was impressed how professional the staff were, extremely helpful and kind as they kept checking on us after to see if my husband was feeling better.
We initially had booked a twin room, but they made a mistake at the reservation as they gave us a double room when we arrived, I told them that we want a twin, but as the hotel was quite fully booked they didn’t have anymore twin rooms, but they immediately upgraded us to a larger family room and we were very happy with that. The room was very comfortable and clean, it had a new and modern feel to it, and they told us they have just finished some major renovations.
The entire place is spotlessly clean and breakfast was first class, with varieties of breads, cereals, good coffee, eggs, sausages, cheese, fresh fruits…
Had no problem connecting to the internet, and the position of the hotel is superb, close to Rouen Cathedral, tourist attractions, shopping places and restaurants.
Overall it was a very good experience, great value and we would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled with friends