All reviews one night car park train station shopping centre paper cups stayed for two nights nice stay short stay nice view family room fine hotel nice breakfast big room booked this hotel docks parking le
Reviewed 22 August 2018

Great hotel, great location, but the food and the restorant staff were terrible. I never had a worst dinner. The staff didn't spoke or didn't want to speak English when we complained. My sisters starter was carapaccio of tomato and pesto: 3 slices of tomato with a little bit peso over it, for €8...She orderd "bib" that was on the English menu, that they explained as spare ribs. It turned out to be "rib eye" stake totally overdone and very dry. I had burned vegtibles, etc, etc. Just don't do it....

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
ChristelBRAS, General Manager at Novotel Le Havre Centre Gare, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2018

Dear EmmyVenray,
Thank you for taking the time to share with us your experience in our hotel.
I am very sorry about your disappointment regarding our restaurant. I will inform our Chef and the whole team about your remarks. Together, we will take the necessary measures to improve our quality of service as it is our wish to satisfy all our guests in all our services.
I hope you will give us the opportunity to regain your trust.

Reviewed 21 August 2018 via mobile

We stopped here on our way to the Loire. The hotel is in the middle of building work which unfortunately meant that we couldn’t use the play park as we had promised the kids on the way down! Our room was clean and had everything we needed.

We ended up going for breakfast at peak time (our fault we had read the sign but unfortunately just ended up at that time) so had to wait. The breakfast spread was impressive loads of choice and all lovely.

The only problem we had was with the car park - we think you are meant to pull in at the hotel get a pass for the car park and do it that way. Unfortunately we went and parked and then had to try and sort it out which resulted in a lot on confusion especially as I sent the husband on his own to deal with it and being in an English car he couldn’t scan the card and get back in the car quick enough for the barrier this resulted in me and the kids dashing over to help by which time he had three random car park tickets which we then had to void off for him to use the appropriate hotel card. I’m sure we’ll remember that hour of our lives for many years to come so unless you want to add the same adventure to your life just get the card from the hotel first and if you are in an English car make sure you have someone in the car to scan the card (not insert) .

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
ChristelBRAS, General Manager at Novotel Le Havre Centre Gare, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2018

Dear ld4jw,
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience in our hotel and for your great review!
I am sorry that you couldn't enjoy all our facilities due to the renovation being done at the moment at the hotel, but we are in renovation to welcome you in a more beautiful place when it is done.
Regarding the car park, our hotel doesn't have its own car park, but we work with the underground one located just behind our hotel. In order to get there and benefit from our special rate (€6.00 per night), you have to come to the reception to get a ticket that enables you to get in and out of the car park during your stay.
I hope you will visit us again after our renovation.

Reviewed 14 August 2018

Such a shame but this hotel let us down big time! We came on a 3 night trip for my mother’s 83rd birthday and it did not match up to a 4 star rating. Firstly the hotel is being renovated which we didn’t find out until we reached the hotel therefore breakfast was served in the lobby area of 2nd floor and it was a disaster. Too many people not enough staff and no one cleaning tables except the guests themselves. This is not worthy of 2 stars let alone 4!

Room Tip: Don’t stay here
Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Jacky P
ChristelBRAS, General Manager at Novotel Le Havre Centre Gare, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2018

Dear Jacky P,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.
Our hotel is indeed in renovation. This information is on our website, our Facebook page and our partners websites, so that our guests are informed about the work being done and the fact that the Wellness Center is not accessible until the end of the year.
Our restaurant being in renovation, it has been moved to the Bar and the buffet breakfast is on the second floor as it is more spacious than our Bar. We try our best to offer you a good quality of service during our renovation. I am sorry that we failed this time.
I hope that you will come back once our renovation is done and that we will regain your trust.

Reviewed 25 July 2018

I stayed for one week with my sister in July. I only liked the location. It's perfect for visiting Etretat, Fecamp, Honfleur by bus and going to Paris by train, since the train and bus station is right across the street.

I didn't like that the entire hotel doesn't have any twin rooms except on the first floor which is facing the busy street and the window soundproofing is very poor so you can hear everything. I don't know if anyone can sleep on the first floor without earplugs. We switched rooms to the 3rd floor which only had double bad, so my sister had to use the sofa which can be converted to a bed, but it's uncomfortable (hard mattress).

This side of the hotel where we stayed is not facing the street but it has the balcony partially closed by the glass windows, so in the afternoon when the sun hits the room, it feels like a sauna since the blocked part of the balcony doesn't let any air flow in your room and glass heats up. Air conditioning didn't help either. What we did is close the curtains completely to keep the heat away and then after the sun sets (10 PM!) open the window to get some air in the room.

Also, the internal central air conditioning is quite loud, and can't be completely turned off, so you hear it buzzing all the time and can even feel the air from it even though it's turned off, since it's central for all rooms. One day of our stay was rainy and colder, so we even had to plug the vent.

The breakfast was also not satisfactory, no salad (no tomato or cucumbers). A lot of fancy stuff, like pressing your own orange juice, making your own eggs and waffles, but then no basics like tomatoes or creamy cheese (like Philadelphia), so we ended up buying both each day and bringing it to the breakfast.

I've got a response from manager on my review on Novotel site that they are having a renovation project now which includes making the first floor meeting rooms, so once that is done twin rooms will be available on higher floors. I wouldn't stay here until that is done though (if I need a twin room again).

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
ChristelBRAS, General Manager at Novotel Le Havre Centre Gare, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2018

Dear Sanasy,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your experience in our hotel.

I am sorry about your disappointment that our twin rooms are only on the first floor, but this will soon change. As I already informed you on the last review you left us, we have a renovation project that started this week and our rooms of the first floor will become meeting rooms. Thus our twin rooms will be moved to upper floors.

We will also think about adding vegetable and creamy cheese to our buffet breakfast.

I hope you will visit us again next year once the renovation is done, so that you can rediscover our hotel.

Reviewed 23 June 2018 via mobile

Big room for family of four. 2 separate rooms in room. Separate bathroom and shower. Breakfast is one of the best we've had. Staff very accommodating. Really enjoyed or stay. Walking distance to restaurants.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
ChristelBRAS, General Manager at Novotel Le Havre Centre Gare, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2018

Dear Steve A,
Thank you for the great review of our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and I will share your compliments with our team. Your satisfaction is our best reward and I hope we will welcome you again at the Novotel Le Havre Centre Gare.