“Lovely, local and friendly”
Review of Le Champlain

Le Champlain
Ranked #86 of 183 Restaurants in Honfleur
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018

A very pleasant little place on a side street. I wanted the typical French dish, mussels and fries, or "moules en frits" as it seemed many in the restaurant did. Charming little place with delightful service. Reasonably priced, cold beer and a nice wine list.

I had no downside with this little cafe/restaurant.

Reviewed 15 December 2017

This restaurant has proven to be excellent over the last 3 years I have been there. So many of the restaurants cater to ‘one time visitors’ in Honfleur and therefore often the food is less than good but this restaurant does not. The food is always excellent, service superb (with great humour) and HUGE for us, dog friendly (Big Dog Friendly)! If the Scallops and Mashed potatoe is on the menu .... take it. Just love this restaurant x

Reviewed 27 October 2017 via mobile

Visited le Champlain restaurant for lunch on a recent vacation to Honfleur France. We were early so the service was great . Started with a great cream of vegetable soup , served with Creme Fraiche , fresh grated cheese and tiny Toasted crisps. It was delicious! My partner had the Mussels with curry , they were plentiful and so good. The Mussels came with a side of fries. I ordered chicken breast in a white wine sauce , served with potatoes and vegetables. It was great and I devoured it. For dessert we both had the home made apple tart . By now the restaurant was filling up rapidly and the only waiter was becoming agitated. He was bringing change to the wrong tables and sweating profusely. When he tried to swipe my partners credit card it wouldn't work and after 3 attempts he became very excitable. I offered him another card and he refused becoming loud and sweating more. We decided this guy was on the edge and paid in cash . I would go back for the food and hope for a different server. The 4 stars are only for the food !!!

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

We were here for lunch. We ordered mussels and seafood salad. Both of them are terrible. Staff are unfriendly.

It's typical tourist trap.

Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

Just had a lovely 3 course meal. Good mixture of tourists and plenty of locals (which is a tell tale sign of a decent restaurant) on a Wednesday night. Had our 5 and 7 year old, they had a kids menu, had the usual choices of nuggets and chips or burger chips or moules frittes (never met a kid who eats these but hey ho). Anyway I couldn't fault the meal. Was delicious. Would highly recommend. Good service as well. Reasonably priced. I'm surprised it only has 3.5 stars overall on Tripadvisor. This should be more like a 4.5 average. We will be back.