“Quaint, quiet and welcoming”

Hotel Tardif Noble Guesthouse
Ranked #2 of 32 Bayeux B&B and Inns
San Diego, California
“Quaint, quiet and welcoming”
Reviewed 12 March 2012

My family and I stayed at this lovely converted guesthouse for two nights. We rented a two bedroom/one bath apartment. Anthony made us feel right at home. He provided a crib for my 2 year old nephew (even though I forgot to call ahead) and allowed us to keep our luggage at the hotel while we toured the D Day sites. The suite was furnished in old style furniture but had modern amenities. Sound traveled too well - I felt bad for our neighboring guests in the early morning when my 4 and 2 year old niece and nephew got up at 6am and were stomping on the ground. Breakfast was perfect and convenient. It consisted of fresh baked breads, cereal, juice, milk, fruit and cold cuts and strong coffee! Cost was 9 Euro person. The grounds were well kept. It is centrally located near the church and downtown and the tapestry. I would stay here again

Room Tip: Interior rooms overlooking courtyard are lovely
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
triptico, Manager at Hotel Tardif Noble Guesthouse, responded to this review, 16 March 2012
Dear Ali,

Thank you for sharing your Norman experience with TripAdvisor members.
It was our pleasure to make our property your home for the 3 days you had in Bayeux.
Have no worries about the kids. They did not disturb anybody here. It's also very important for us to know that not only adults but too kids are having a good time.
Please spread the word about our beautiful Normandy region and it's treasures!
Hope to welcome you again.
Merci,

Anthony VOIDIE
LE TARDIF NOBLE GUESTHOUSE
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Hebrew first
Whitchurch, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 February 2012

I stayed in a single room in late February for two nights. I was travelling alone and felt completely safe. The room was amazing, I felt welcomed immediately by Anthony and shown around. My bed was a chaise-longue, fabulous! Such a lot for so little money. I paid 55 Euros a night. The hotel is a few steps from the cathedral and tapestry. The town of Bayeux is wonderful, I recommend Patisserie Mathilde in the high street for friendly service and great cakes. I was planning on doing a D-day tour for a day and Anthony was most helpful in trying to arrange it. Alas no trips were running as it was out of season so in the end I went to Arronmanches (Gold beach) myself on the bus for hardly any money and had a great time on the beach and at the museums. A fabulous day out. I also visited the Bayeux tapestry of course which was excellent. Staying at Tardif really was like having your own little bit of a chateau for the night. Anyone who goes to Bayeux should stay here. I am recommending it to all my friends. It really made for an amazing and memorable trip to Normandy.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 January 2012

We've just returned from a fantastic 3 nights stay in the 2 bedroom suite. The website looked very promising but this surpassed all expectations - elegant and spacious accommodation (our 2 rooms have been redecorated beautifully since the website photos were taken) and a really delightful host in Anthony. The location is spot on - a stunning town mansion, peaceful but less than 5 mins walk from the Bayeux tapestry, the cathedral and the town's restaurants of which Le Rapiere was a real highlight - fabulous French food served with real charm. Try to visit La Memorial in Caen - an ultra modern museum charting 20th century conflict since WWI in a thought provoking and very humane way. Well worth a trip to Bayeux off season to beat the crowds.

Room Tip: Try to get a first floor room overlooking the garden. The two bedroom suite works out at very good v...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Plano, Texas
Reviewed 22 January 2012

My husband and I spent 3 days in Bayeux. We chose this hotel because of location, price and availability. We were delightfully surprised. Anthony, who is the proprietor speaks perfect English and takes pride in his guesthouse. Every room was beautifully decorated. It's an old property, but kept up magnificantly. The bathroom was sparkling clean, the heating worked well and it was quiet. We had internet service if needed as well as satellite TV which we rarely used. If we are ever remotely close to Bayeux, we will be staying here.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Chicago
Reviewed 5 January 2012

Upon entering the courtyard, we knew this was a special place. The home is exquisite. Decorated so beautifully. We stayed in the 2 bedroom 1 bath suite with our 2 teenage boys. Very quiet and peaceful. Location was perfect. just a couple of blocks from the main street and down the street from the Tapestry and the the Cathedral. The only negatives were that the hot water in the shower did not last for all 4 of us, the bath towels were small and old and we could hear people walking loudly above us very early in the morning.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family