1,565 results
All reviews honor system piggy bank bunk beds train station excellent location d day beaches normandy beaches family room street parking the hotel staff triple room within walking distance quiche would stay here again day tour the ground floor friendly hotel
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

the staff was friendly and willing to help, the room was clean and the location greatthe water flow in the shower was very very slow and the temperature of the water was not stable (suddenly you had very hot water)

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
HotelLeBayeux, Responsable réception at Hotel Le Bayeux, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear Ronen,

We have just read your comment and we would like to thank you.
We are so sorry about the water temperature and we will fix that problem.

Best regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Basic hotel that is very convenient for visiting Bayeux and surroundings. The staff couldn't have been nicer! They helped us with every detail of everything we asked for with smiles and laughter. We had a wheel chair, so staying on the lower floor was a must. The included breakfast was wonderful although the room gets a bit crowded when everyone is there. Be aware that the dining room is upstairs for those with walking difficulties. The only thing that kept is from a 5 rating was the bed. It was not comfortable for me and the toilet set was in need of repair. Minor irritants.

Room Tip: Choose the ground floor is you have walking difficulties.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had a very pleasant stay at the hotel. Lots of history contained therein. Staff were terrific and very personable. The hotel is showing its age somewhat. Breakfast lots of choice and very good value.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
HotelLeBayeux, Responsable réception at Hotel Le Bayeux, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Anna,

We would like to thank you for your stay among us.
We are delighted to note that your enjoyed it.

We hope to see you soon in Bayeux.

Regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We wanted to like this hotel but cannot recommend it again when there are so many other choices in Bayeux. I will start with the positives - the breakfast is ample and well prepared and the staff that serve it are very pleasant . Unfortunately, they were the exception. The girls at the desk were much less welcoming and one of them in particular made us feel that everything was an imposition. From the start of check in the first thing she asked for was payment of the bill. I don’t think I have ever been asked for that at the outset without a welcome of any kind - even in a cheap American chain. Next we asked to park our car, which she informed me they could do - but now I needed to pay “cash only” to pay $10 per night for that privilege. I had literally just paid for our room on a card and didn’t have cash - I easily and willingly would have paid it. I told her I would have to go to an ATM and she asked when. After that, when we were leaving to go catch a tour, she stopped us to tell me to move my car because of some complicated trash pick up service the next day . Doing so made us late and I told her that it was not ok, but she insisted. I tried to explain that we were only going to be gone for an hour since she said the trash was the next day ? This should never be a customer’s problem. Next - they want you to give them your room key when you leave but every time we came back she acted interrupted that we were asking for our key back. She continually stayed on the phone and had us wait to have to asked for our key. Bad customer service - you put your call on hold and help the client in front of you. Lastly - we came back one night at 10 pm and asked for our key - she shushed me ! Told the guest to be quiet ! I was speaking a completely normal conversation voice and literally couldn’t believe I was shushed like a child. We are not loud people - I am on vacation with my mother !
Also - if you note my other reviews, I have very very few negative reviews and I have travelled all over the world. We stay in all types of hotels from plain to fancy and I don’t expect ***** service in a *** hotel, but there are better options in Bayeux than this glorified motel. Long hallways of thinly walled doors and very plain rooms. If none of that matters, no worries.
To the management, if you read this, your dark haired desk receptionist really needs lessons in customer service.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank ggsmommy
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Basic motel. Clean. Two floors. Decent location only ten to 12 minute walk to train station and five minutes walk to main part of Bayeux. Quiet. Owner/ manager is very friendly and helpful and arranged DDay trip for me.

Room Tip: Stay in second floor which has AC!
Stayed: August 2018, travelled solo

Dear customer,

We have just read your comment and we would like to thank you.
It was a real pleasure to welcome you in Bayeux.

Best regards,