I have to say the staff is very nice and the grounds are really pretty. It's a pleasant walk into the town centre.
The room was nice and spacious and the bathroom (we were in the Chateau) was really great! Very spacious bath tub - plenty of hot water and large heated towel rack.
The downside was the bed (two pushed together twins) was the most uncomfortable thing I had ever experienced. It was so hard - I felt like I was sleeping on cement. Had so many body aches and never could get comfortable. My husband could not even sleep.
Also they do not have menu's so we found it impossible to book for dinner as we had no idea what they were serving or how much it would cost - so we just did not eat there. I suppose if we spoke better French they could have told us. Just found that awkward that they did not have menus. The sitting room is also the dinning room and it seemed it was a popular business meeting spot. The guests sometimes cannot sit down stairs by the fire unless they are there for dinner when there are "business" clients using the room. Was again awkward as the hotel is on the expensive side and we got the feeling that there is more preferential treatment towards business guests that choose to eat/meet there.
The last comment was the internet. It was a pain as they give out 120 minute vouchers and when you run out you have to go down to get more vouchers. They will give you as many as you need for no charge, but it is difficult to get more than a couple at a time. This is inconvenient if you have multiple devices going or if you use the internet a lot.
That being said it was very picturesque and a good location.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Here the life of the château can be experienced every day: wood panelling, fireplaces, mouldings. We have preserved the 18th century spirit which is carried through into our park with its 200-year-old trees. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your Hotel Chateau De Bellefontaine reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau De Bellefontaine Bayeux
- Chateau De Bellefontaine Hotel