“Family of 4, 2 adultes, 2 enfants”
Review of La Fringale

La Fringale
Ranked #19 of 104 Restaurants in Bayeux
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

Lovely character restaurant, family run, lovely atmosphere but the food was just ok. I felt that the food was rushed out to us within 5 minutes after our order and the children’s meal of chicken and nuggets and chips looked pretty average. I would suggest improving the children’s menu to include a healthier option. Would recommend if you are looking for a basic meal.

1  Thank Rachelb8231

Reviewed 7 March 2018

My spouse and I dined at La Fringale on a Wednesday evening in late August 2017. The restaurant is open Mondays through Saturdays; however, it closes on Wednesdays in the winter months. We stayed nearby at the Villa Lara, and it was less than a 5-minute walk to the restaurant.

La Fringale, whose name translates to “The Munchies”, offers both indoor and outdoor seating. Outdoors, you can dine on the awning-covered sidewalk terrace, adjacent to the street, which is pedestrian-only during the summer months. The smallish indoor space requires visitors to take a few steps down from street elevation. The cozy interior features a sort of country hodgepodge decor that creates a homey feel. This restaurant is one of the more family-friendly (and dog-friendly) establishments that we visited, even setting aside a corner by the front window for a children’s play area.

La Fringale offers rustic French cuisine, as well as a selection of gourmet pizzas. We began with the tatin andouille (apple and chorizo tart) and the soup de poisson (Normandy fish soup). As our main courses, we ordered the marmite de poisson (curried fish with rice), and the beef bourguignon. For our food and three rounds of drinks (beer and sodas), our bill totaled 85 Euros.

We enjoyed our dinner at La Fringale: good food and service in a casual atmosphere.

1  Thank fluffnfold
Reviewed 19 February 2018

I was walking around town and decided to stop here for supper. I chose the Salade Mixte, Spaghettis Carbonara and Tarte Tatin. I was greeted promptly and seated. The service was great and the meal excellent. I enjoyed my Spaghettis Carbonara very much. It was quaint and quiet when I first arrived but was completely packed by the time I was finished.

Reviewed 4 February 2018 via mobile

After a long day of travelling we just wanted a quick "menu". We chose well. Although quiet when we arrived it soon got busy. Quirky decor but warm and inviting. The staff were all friendly, the wine good and the food was excellent, perfectly cooked and very tasty.
Highly recommended.

Reviewed 24 January 2018 via mobile

We visited on a quite Tuesday night, an elderly waiter greeted us warmly at the door.
As we sat on our table, conveniently next to the radiator we were promptly issued with menus full of French classics, we were instantly drawn into the experience. Whilst waiting a short time on our starters we looked around at some of the war time memorabilia which was pleasant and tasteful.
The dishes we received were full of flavour and well portioned

Highly recommended to the traditionalist