All reviews no elevator excellent location make tea excellent breakfast buffet facing the street coffee pods first floor big bathroom small hotel hotel is perfect great room would definitely stay here again train station centre france cafes maid
Reviewed 2 November 2017

Excellent location if you travel by hand luggage only, If not, be prepared to carry your luggage 300 meters or more from the parking. The second challenge is the struggle to the reception on the first floor and if you get a room on the third floor, you have another 52 steps to conquer. Our room was nice but no bigger than a shoe box with little space for any luggage, not to mention ours covering three weeks in France. Excellent breakfast buffet but almost impossible to get to it, as we were more than 20 people in a room big enough for 12. A lot of ambition, a bit of design but no feeling for customer needs and convenience.

Reviewed 21 October 2017

You know you have made the wrong choice when the phrase "Are you kidding me?" keeps going through your mind.

-The hotel has no elevator ( I know I am a spoiled Westerner, but after my third trip up and down 4 flights of stairs I started to ask "Are you kidding me?")

- The room that we were given was so small that we were barely able to walk around the bed. There was a luggage rack in the room but we were unable to unfold it because the space between the wall and the bed would not allow us to do so (we were traveling with carry on luggage I don't know what people with large bags would have done). To get a photo of the room without cutting off the bed, I had to go out into the hallway "Are you kidding me?"

We asked if there was another room because of the small size of the one they gave us, but they said they did not have any other rooms that night. We told them we were unhappy with the room and did not want to stay. They then said if we left, we would be charged for the first night. "Are you kidding me?" .....so we stayed.

-The bathroom felt claustrophobic- the shower was so small that it was a struggle not to hit my elbow on the wall as I used it - "Are you kidding me?"

-the air conditioner was shut off so we had to leave the window open at night - this would have not been a big deal except from 2-4 am we were kept awake by the shouts and songs of people coming back from the bars. And then at 7 the morning cigarette smoke came floating into our room form the guy next door who was leaning his window to have a cigarette. "Are you kidding me?"

-The phone in our room didn't work, so we could not call down to reception. "Are you kidding me?"

-We needed to iron clothes for a wedding we were going to. They gave us an iron but not an ironing board because they could not find it. As we cleared off the desk to use as a makeshift inning board i found my self asking once again "Are you kidding me?"

This hotel did not work for us. We ended up checking out the next morning and moving to different one. The woman at reception was very apologetic for all the things that had gone wrong. They removed the 13 euro bottle of water from our bill and offered us free breakfast - but this did not make up for a bad experience.

Room tip: If you are not happy with your room and they don't have another - don't stay.
Reviewed 26 September 2017 via mobile

A wonderful boutique hotel in the heart of Lille with easy access to all amenities.

Staff friendly and helpful.

Rooms very clean and tidy. If you don't ask for maid service you will be rewarded with two free drinks from the bar.

Would definitely stay here again on a future visit to Lille.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 September 2017

Hotel Kanai is clean, centrally located and staff are friendly. They offered a great room - clean and neat with a big bathroom - especially when considering the reasonable price. The hotel is centrally located in the historic part of Lille. It's walking distance to numerous bakeries, restaurants, shops, the metro and a bike rental station.
We didn't make use of their breakfast option but it looked very good. Staff are very friendly and readily accommodated our request of having a quiet room. We were there over the weekend of the Braderie, so there was a lot of commotion in the street at night. Our room was very quiet and we didn't hear any of it. Had a great time.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

Great location
AC available (which is exceptional in Lille)
Nice staff
Good wifi
Very clean rooms and corridors
Tea and coffe machine in rooms
Security is taken seriously (hotel door locked at 11 pm- need to call them if you come later)
Reasonable price
But: no elevator - a lot of mosquitoes in summer.

Date of stay: August 2017