1,153 results
All reviews beautiful hotel main restaurant internal courtyard historical building converted hospital original features steam room star hotel old church atrium bar modern art turn down service glass roof the ground floor minute walk rooms are nice superior room
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I stayed here with a group of 8 for a birthday surprise. It is the second time I have stayed here and was more impressed the first time.

I asked for a celebratory bottle of champagne to be opened upon our arrival - it didn’t turn up even though I asked again at the reception desk. It turned up 7 hours later, opened and served to my friends without me even being present, then it was charged to my room.

Staff were polite, but clearly not very attentive to detail.

Rooms are nice and quirky.

Spa is basic but pleasant.

The atrium lobby is nice to have a drink with friends.

Breakfast was basic.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
Jérémie J, Front Office Manager at L'Hermitage Gantois, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Phil C

We would like to thank you very much for having chosen L’Hermitage Gantois Autograph Collection on your last stay in Lille.
You have shared your experience with us and I am extremely grateful for this.

Your feedback is a great value for us and I am glad to learn that you appreciate our rooms and our lobby area.

But I am sorry to learn that we have not been able to reach your expectations on that occasion.
I have shared you remarks to the appropriated department.

Rest assured that all the necessary actions will be taken in order to welcome you in a proper way on your next stay with us.
Moreover, I remain at your entire disposal for any assistance

Once again, I apologize for the inconveniences encountered and I hope that I will have the pleasure to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 24 August 2018

We visited L'Hermitage Gantois for a short weekend break in Lille with a friend. The hotel is well situated and is a good 10 minutes walk into the old town. The hotel has maintained its historical parts such as the chapel and courtyard gardens which are accessible to view or relax in. The rest of the hotel has been modernised and the bar area is very light and contemporary.

The rooms were slightly smaller than expected but had everything you needed. However, across the 2 rooms we booked there were issues such as most of the electric sockets and the hairdryer weren't working, also the bathroom window was faulty as it wasn't on the hinge correctly. We also asked for an adaptor so we could charge our phones and was charged €30 for 2 as we had them overnight. A quite excessive charge for what could simply be a goodwill gesture.

The hotel restaurant was closed during our stay. However, we did have breakfast which was really well presented. It is a buffet style and there was a wide selection to chose from. Across the hotel all the staff were very professional, friendly and efficient.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank RichAndAsh
Jérémie J, Front Office Manager at L'Hermitage Gantois, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2018

Dear RichAndAsh

You have shared your experience with us and I am extremely grateful for this.

Our staff is available 24h, do not hesitate to contact the reception for any issues in your room.

Reviewed 23 August 2018 via mobile

I visited L'Hermitage Gantois with a family member for a short break in Lille. The Hotel is lovely. Situated in a beautiful historic building the hotel great rooms and great staff. Service was efficient and fast and the guest experience was lovely. I also had the pleasure to eat in their cheaper restraunt and the food was very good. The hotel is slightly out of the centre of town but this is not a problem as it is a very short walk away and it is very close to the Triumphant Arch and Town Hall. The only problem I would have was the high price of breakfast especially for what was available, I would not have had breakfast if I didn't get it automatically.
Overall the hotel was extremely good and I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again if I came to Lille and would be pleased to recommend it to a friend.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family

Dear WSGB1

By answering to our survey, you have shared your experience with us and I am extremely grateful for this.
Your feedback is a great value for us and I am glad to learn that our level of service has reached your expectations.

Concerning breakfast, do not hesitate to ask to the waiter for anything if it's missing on the buffet.

For any future reservation, do not hesitate to check our website as the best rates and special offers with treatments included in our Spa by Hermitage Gantois are uploaded on a daily basis.

Once again, thank you very much for your positive feedback and we hope we will soon have the pleasure to welcome you back at our hotel.

Reviewed 16 August 2018

:) good welcome, helpful staff, good-sized room, near city centre and Lille Europe train station, delicious food in brasserie

:( I told them I'd left a mobile charger by mistake in the room. First they denied having it, then when I offered to pay the postage to send it to me they said they'd found it. But then tried to charge me 24€ to send it; scrambled eggs at breakfast not very nice

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 August 2018 via mobile

We are staying here for four nights so I booked a superior room - pretty small and a strange configuration where the toilet is in the small vestibule that leads into the bedroom and not in or adjacent the bathroom. Nice enough bathroom - shower in bath.

Reasonable queen sized bed but bouncy when your partner turns over. Just enough room on either side to squeeze through to the bathroom. Good strong shower.

There was a strong blocked drain smell for several hours last night which seems to have passed this morning. I hope it doesn’t return.

The bar area is dated and the furniture is showing big signs of wear. The bar prices are expensive and the choice of background music is twee - Frank Sinatra singing “I’m getting married in the morning”.
It’s trying to be glamorous but not hitting the mark.

The free wifi is incredibly slow.

The brasserie menu is small and service is a tad slow but the food is good. Haven’t tried the restaurant but reviews of that are very good.

We have parked on the road out the hotel - valet parking is 30 euros a night. Parking is free from 7.00 until 9.00am on the road.

It’s about a 15 minute walk into the hospice centre. There’s not much around the hotel so if you want to find a cafe - be prepared to walk.

Haven’t tried the spa or swimming pool so can’t comment on those.

The staff are pleasant and professional.

Overall, I would say this is a nice enough hotel in what could be an extraordinary setting with the designers appearing to have not made the most of its heritage potential.

Don’t expect anything special from a Superior room - it’s what I would consider standard and small at that.

I was hoping for more character but it’s missed the mark or maybe we’ve been given a lesser room because we booked through a third party comparison site.

I’m a little disappointed really.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
Jérémie J, Front Office Manager at L'Hermitage Gantois, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2018

Dear luxuryqueenMelbourne

I'm glad to see that you appreciate our staff service, but I am sorry to learn that we have not been able to reach your expectations on that occasion.
For a next stay if you don't like the room do not hesitate to contact the reception and we will be happy to help you to find a room that can fit you, as all our rooms are different. Or if you want a bigger you can book a privilege room which is about 30m² instead of 20m² for a superior room.