All reviewsroom was a bit smallstyle hotelgreat locationone nightthe main squareno frillsno safe in the roombreakfast roomwifi worked wellcomplimentary watersingle bedpleasant stayshort staybusiness tripreception areaweekend breaktop floor
Reviewed 13 December 2017 via mobile

The location was super, just in the center. It was sunday so we got a public parking for free just infront of the hotel. The staff were super nice, espcially Ashley, and the breakfast was simple but very good they also offer a complementary tea all day long. The rooms are a bit small yet clean and nice looking. Too bad no safe in the room, not a big deal.
P.s. the hotel decoration is really nice.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
Guillaume v, Gérant at Ibis Styles Lille Centre Grand Place, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2017

Dear Fadi Jabert,

Sincerely, Happy New year

Reviewed 10 October 2017

Very clean, original decoration. Good sound isolation.
Pretty decent breakfast, and there's always pastries and tea free during the day.

Recommended to stay for a couple days, great location, great value for money.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear 217jonas,

Reviewed 25 September 2017

The hotel is very well located, very central; not so easy to get by car due to surrounding one-way streets. Very nice welcome. We could also get a parking spot at the parking on the other side of the street, very welcome as well. The room was very quite and we had a good sleep.
Regarding the hotel equipment and facilities : the room we had (604) was very small (no seat, no place to put the luggage, very little space around the bed, the bathroom sink is in the room, and you need to keep the door of the bathroom room open to get into the shower. So although everything was very functional, we were expecting a little bit more comfort from a "style" IBIS which are usually more spacy.
The breakfast was fine although here again the space is very limited.
Only one very small elevator (2 persons and luggage), so here again some you have to be patient at peak hours.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Guillaume v, Gérant at Ibis Styles Lille Centre Grand Place, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2017

Dear Yves D,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.
Concerning the size of rooms, our situation, in the hearth of a metropole, don't permited us to beneficie the same size that an hotel in periphery.

We hope to welcome you back to our hotel very soon!

Mail H9420-GM@accor.com

Reviewed 4 September 2017 via mobile

This was my second time at the Ibis Styles Grand Place, and I wasn't disappointed at all.

A few years ago I stayed here by myself for one night and really enjoyed the quietness and simplicity of the hotel. This time, I was with my girlfriend and had a new take on it, staying in the front of the hotel overlooking the street. Certainly, the rooms are the biggest at the front, having a larger space around the bed and spacious bathroom with modern facilities. The new Ibis bedding is incredibly soft, and the rooms are nicely soundproofed all around ensuring a smooth nights sleep and no street noise.

On my visit this time, we took up Ibis Styles free breakfast and it was in a small area just near the reception, providing all the basics and grab and go continental breakfast. Nothing special but all tasty and fresh. It was all served by a delightful smiley lady who ensured it was all available throughout the morning until 10am and not just at 8am for one group of people.

Overall, a successful second visit which means I would return again!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Josh,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the ibis Styles Lille Centre Grand Place.

Reviewed 16 August 2017

I booked two double rooms through a general booking site. However, instead of two double, we got two single rooms (or what they call "duplex simple"). When I complained to the receptionist about it, the first answer I got was "it's too late, we cannot change rooms as we already checked you in" - that was 5 minutes after being handed over the room key cards. After insisting (we had a written proof that we booked double rooms) the receptionist said that she couldn't give us other rooms as the hotel was full. No "can-do" mentality in this hotel, no gesture for their mistake at all.

There was also an issue with the parking space. When I booked the rooms I got the message that a parking space costs 16 EUR and cannot be reserved in advance. So when I arrived there and wanted to park my car in the car parking in front of the hotel, the receptionist told me that the 8 available spaces had already be reserved (how is that possible when I get the message that I cannot make a reservation?) and I should park in another nearby parking garage some 3 minutes away (by car). When I insisted on parking in the garage in front of the hotel (which I actually had already agreed upon with the guard of the parking space) the receptionist told me that it's illegal to park there. So we needed to check-in, leave our luggage in the rooms, drive to the other parking space, pay more than we agreed upon with the parking guard, and when checking out, pick up the car, drive another round (as the hotel is not that easy to reach due to one-way streets) to get our luggage? I don't think so... we stayed "illegally" in the car park in front of the hotel, which cost us less than what the hotel offered.

Only good thing about this hotel is its location + right in the middle of the old town of Lille.

The "duplex simple" room we had was very small - the bedroom being on top of the bathroom which means climbing or descending stairs to get from one place to the other. Not recommended at all for someone with disability problems. Room was very hot, even with window opened all night long and it wasn't even very hot outside. Lots of mosquitoes indeed, as mentioned by another traveler.

Breakfast was nothing special - guests with a dog were sharing the same table which I thought was rather unhygienic. Dog-friendly hotel: yes. Human-friendly: no.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Guillaume v, Gérant at Ibis Styles Lille Centre Grand Place, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2017

Dear,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the ibis Styles Lille Centre Grand Place. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

However, you forget to say, that our fault, we granted you a commercial gest, after your stay (Further to your complaint beside BOOKING.COM).

Concerning the park car, we have only 8 places in front of the hôtel, after your request by mail, we have answer you (on the site BOOKING.COM) that our park car was allready fully booked, and when you arrived we had proposed you another park car at 200m to the hôtel at the same price.

Thanks again for your commentary

Mail H9420GM@accor.com