1,328 results
All reviews hotel barriere modern hotel old town huge bath minute walk floor to ceiling gourmet restaurant eurostar station room service five star hotel city centre excellent hotel business hotel main restaurant cold meats checking in mini bar
Reviewed 7 August 2018

the best hotel to spend a couple of days in Lille, the rooms with practically all the facilities and a very careful aesthetics. it have a good restaurant, you can walk to the town
just a very nice place

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
David D, Responsable relations clients at Hotel Barriere Lille, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2018

Dear "aajoancartes",

We thank you for your nice comment.

Reviewed 3 August 2018

LOCATION: Proved ideal. I arrived by train and left by Eurostar at separate stations, each only a few minutes’ walk away.

(TIP: I travelled by train from Stuttgart via Paris which meant arrival at the local train station down near the old town. The easiest route to Hotel Barriere, which is in an elevated position, is past the Eurolille shopping centre to almost the end to the final stairs up and, I later discovered, an elevator tucked in next to them).

ROOM: I booked a de luxe and it lived up to its name.

The room was spacious with views over treetops with the city beyond.

There was a large bed from which you could admire the view. A desk-cum-dressing table ran almost the full length of the room opposite with conveniently placed power points for easy re-charging and a mirrored wall incorporating the tv above. Comfy desk and arm chairs.

The bathroom was large with a long vanity with plenty of room for personal toiletries and heated (steam-free) mirrored wall above. Opposite was a large walk-in shower (I was alone but it was plenty big enough for two). At the end, beyond a heavily frosted glass door, was a separate toilet. There was a good supply of toiletries, a mix of dispenser pumps in the shower plus an array of individually sized extras.

The semi walk-in closet was cleverly designed with plenty of shelves and hanging space plus enough room for a medium sized case and carry-on bag.

Around the corner was a coffee machine and a kettle (pods etc refreshed daily) with a laptop-sized safe above the mini-bar fridge.

PEACE: It’s a fairly new building but solidly built and I didn’t hear a sound.

WIFI: Accessed in seconds for a strong, uniterrupted connection for the duration of my 4 day stay.

BREAKFAST: Very good buffet with plenty of fresh fruits and a copious assortment of hot and cold, savoury and sweet offerings from which to choose.

The breakfast room opens onto a terrace and taking breakfast out there with attentive staff at hand if needed was the perfect start to each day.

SERVICE: Excellent throughout. Service seemed to be in the DNA here, in addition to which everyone was very well trained, working together like a well-oiled machine.

I arrived at about 3 pm and there were a number of people wishing to check-in. Those at reception worked together as a team to make sure everyone was attended to quickly. Voituriers, who are to cars (voitures in French) what couturiers are to clothes acted not only as concierges but were equally at home driving things in the right direction from the desk. Everyone was fluent in English.

They were all first-rate. The unflappable Sabrina and the unperturbale, ever-smiling voiturier Amaurie, who were on duty every day of my stay, were ever-helpful and provided a wealth of information.

I don’t like duvets, particularly in summer’s heat, and the head housekeeper and one her team arrived in minutes to remove the unnecessary item and replace it with just a cotton sheet.

The turn-down staff that I encountered were also a joy, not always completely fluent in English, but ever-ready to provide more bottled water along with their chocolates and cheery good night smiles.

VALUE FOR MONEY: Unbeatable, leaving you with the sense of money well-spent.

NEXT TIME: I hope so.

The hotel I’d originally planned on booking in the old town was undergoing restoration and this was my second choice. Every cloud has a silver lining and for me, the Hotel Barriere was it.

I’d stay here again, simply for the pleasure of doing so.

(Next time, I might even allow time to visit the hotel’s associated casino next door.)

P.S.: Brussells, which I visited in 2015, is only 40 minutes away by train and I went there for the day to enjoy the Magritte centenary exhibitions at both the Atomium and the Magritte Museum.

For someone like me from Australia, where you can travel for hours and still be in the same country and culture, to be viewing an exhibition in another country a bit over an hour after being in my hotel room seemed, like many of Magritte’s works, almost surreal.

Room Tip: Book directly and pay a bit more for one of the better rooms. The de luxe lived up to its name.
Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo
Patricia L, Directeur général at Hotel Barriere Lille, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2018

Dear "PartyofOne2013",

I warmly thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back soon in Lille.

Reviewed 24 July 2018

I loved this hotel

I actually was there to play in a poker tournament at the hotel's casino and although the poker didn't go well my stay was excellent

Modern hotels aren't to everyone's taste but I like the style. Check-in was quick and efficient and the rooms are large and the beds very comfortable.

The only issue is the wet-room style bathroom - the water goes everywhere, tho this is more of an issue for housekeeping than guests

Excellent breakfast too

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled solo

Dear "Bill P",

Nothing more to say except a warm thank you for this excellent feedback !

We look forward to welcoming you back soon in Lille.

Reviewed 19 July 2018

Location: The hotel is conveniently located in a place that takes a 5-minute walk from the main train station in Lille. You need to walk a good 15 minute to get to the city center and the older area of Lille, but this should not be a big problem. Get some cardio done while you are travelling :)

Safety: I was only in Lille for two days, but I felt really safe during the entirety of my stay. I was walking around the city around 11 pm, and I felt no threat at all. A large number of people still stroll around the city probably because of its safety and late sunset time (around 10 pm in the summer)

Hotel Lobby / Reception Area: The staffs are professional and friendly. If you can only speak English, no problem. The staff will kindly communicate in English. The Lobby area is kept clean and the interior design looks modern.

Hotel Room: I stayed in the cheapest room in the hotel, but I was still surprised by the room. The room was one of the more spacious and clean rooms that I spent a night during my travel in Europe. The room definitely showcases the hotel's unique preference in its interior design. The mixture of white and pastel colors makes the room look clean, not excessively colorful, and easy on the eyes. The best part of the room was probably the restroom. It is so spacious, and all the facilities are clean, modern, and fully functional. I almost forgot to mention how attentive the management & the cleaning people are. After a cleaning service, a piece of chocolate is always left on the bed for the guests to enjoy. Little details like this help with the overall appeal of the hotel.

I would highly recommend spending your time in this hotel while traveling in Lille.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
David D, Responsable relations clients at Hotel Barriere Lille, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2018

Dear "Hyunjae K",

I warmly thank you for this exceptional comment which emphasizes perfectly the quality of our services.
We deeply hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back during your next stay in Lille.

Reviewed 15 July 2018 via mobile

The hotel has excellent response times to such things as driving your car to parking for you as soon as you arrive. The staff at reception were lovely and very helpful. The room was spacious and comfortable. The bathroom and toilet are separated which is a bonus. Mini bar (at fee), safe, robes and laundry service have been remembered. Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
David D, Responsable relations clients at Hotel Barriere Lille, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2018

Dear "Amber C"
We look forward to welcoming you back soon for your next visit and for a new experience.
We thank you for this nice feedback.