“Try elsewhere ”

Cuisines: Diner, Grill
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Comedie
Description: French Brasserie in Montpellier's heart, place de la Comédie. Specialised in meats, we welcome you 7 days a week, lunch and dinner
Reviewed 5 September 2021 via mobile

It used to be very good albeit expensive. It's just as expensive but it's coasting on its reputation with laughably poor levels of service and bland, dull food.

Date of visit: August 2021
Write a reviewReviews (911)

Reviewed 21 August 2021 via mobile

Very average food and less than average service . Much better meals in Montpelier the food expensive for what it is . Not recommend

Date of visit: August 2021
Reviewed 1 September 2020 via mobile

I ate here due to the reviews, I was handed a cold steak which was still dripping in blood, the fries were ice cold and inedible. I ate half the steak cause I was very hungry and asked for the bill, they deducted the glass of wine I ordered and still charged me full price for cold food I couldn't eat.I would avoid this place at all costs, chef either just doesn't care or is still struggling with the concept of hot food

Date of visit: August 2020
Reviewed 29 December 2019 via mobile

Have been waiting for a while to visit Chez Boris and how I wish I hadn’t! Such a disappointment!
To start with a couple of positive positive points I have to say that the set up is enjoyable and vibes are those of a classic French brasserie. That’s it.
Our starters were not outstanding but fair and the timing it took to arrive to our table was acceptable. However, the catastrophes started with the unacceptably long wait between both courses and when finally my steak arrived it was overcooked AND stone cold. I had to ask the waiter to take it back and get me another one with an acceptable temperature cooked medium. What I got instead was a RARE piece bleeding cold meat. In all fairness the fries were good as well as the Parmentier de canard. The service is slower than slow and very nonchalant. A word of the wise, avoid if you can no one deserves this kind of food or service.

Date of visit: December 2019
2  Thank lamao668
Reviewed 26 November 2019 via mobile

We were visiting Montpellier with friends to attend a European Cup rugby match. Having done our research, we chose to book a table at Chez Boris, based on the previous review scores.
We booked online, which made the process easy and our table was ready upon arrival.
We all had both starter and main course. We chose four different starters ranging from egg mayonnaise to beef carpaccio but all were unremarkable. For main course, two of us chose the cod with chorizo, one the entrecôte steak and one the bavette steak. The cod dish was ok..... fish cooked well, and creamy mash but nothing to rave about. The bavette steak was requested as medium rare, but was a little rarer than expected. The entrecôte was very tough and chewy.
We had asked for a bottle of their house red wine and it was very drinkable...... but was also around €36 a bottle.
I think overall, for the prices we paid, the restaurant did not live up to it’s reputation, and that’s why we were disappointed....... especially given that we ate at other restaurants in the area over the course of the weekend, and ate much nicer, tastier and certainly better value food.
I think the most telling thing is that, should we return to Montpellier, we would not choose to return to Chez Boris.

Date of visit: November 2019