We are travelling around Europe by car and are used to staying in all types of places. I normally think that people are overreacting when they write bad reviews, but this place left me sleepy and in a bad mood. I guess you definitely get what you pay for, although i could have put up with all of the following if i had a comfy bed (was ridiculously hard).
- No fridge in a 'selfcontained' unit. (Realised this after we went shopping for dinner)
- Pull out bed kept rolling under the bed every time you rolled over in your sleep.
- Poorly installed shower. (no shower screen so water goes everywhere. must be constantly hand held, cannot use wall mounted)
- Dirty walls, scuff marks everywhere, cutlery, utensils and crockery had to be washed before use.
- Reception is only open between 8am -12pm and 4pm -8pm, we knew this but thought we could at least park the car and walk into town. Checking out before 8am is a no go as well.
I do not recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of the Aude department, the CERISE RESIDENCE Carcassonne Sud is situated in an exceptional location 10 minutes by foot from the Medieval City, a World Heritage Site. Its 82 apartments are spread over two buildings set in vast landscaped gardens. The former mansion house which has preserved the charm of old buildings houses the reception and the breakfast rom. For leisure, the residence offers access to its indoor heated swimming pool, a hammam and a fitness room You can take your meal in one of our restaurants partner, within walking distance, or to make you deliver your meal in room (more information at the reception) ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Cerise Carcassonne Sud reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Residhotel Le Clos De La Cite Hotel Carcassonne