“Great lunch spot ”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Louvre / Palais-Royal
Reviewed 21 September 2015 via mobile

This place is great for lunch, they have a menu that tastes fresh and light.

There's only 3 choices and if you reserve you also need to choose in advance; but everything look and taste delicious (including their famous traditional Japanese desserts).

1  Thank Carlos T

Reviewed 23 August 2015

We took a refreshing break before returning to our hotel nearby. We didn’t know anything at all about Toraya, but a lady seated inside,on her own, give us a “discreet” thumb up while we were looking through the window.
The place was quiet and we were offered a “monastic” table near the window. The waitress was very patience and gave us plenty of guidance and explanations. We ate several confectioneries that my partner and I never tried before, all were delicious, full of flavour and most of them a big surprise to our palates. We heard for the 1st time about ingredients that we didn’t know exists and we drank macha tea and green that were invigorating.
The place is a little pricey (we were greedy!), but the experience is well worth the expense.
We mentioned this place to the concierge of the Castille Hotel and he agreed with us that the place is wonderful and we should go back for lunch next time.

Reviewed 16 July 2015

It's great to get away from the hustle and bustle every so often here. Also a nice place when eating alone (there's a big communal table). Good, light food with a french touch but essentially japanese. The lunch menus are refreshing and include magnificent desserts. Be ready to pay a rather hefty bill, but I'm not complaining, I would say that all things considered, it's worth it.

Reviewed 15 February 2015

Toraya is a tea room where I go at least once a week maybe 3 x a week. Lunch is delicious but quite limited and rather pricey but always healthy and good. If you are watching pennies then just go there for a tea and a Japanese sweet. There are specials depending on the time of the year. In the winter there is hot chocolate made with Macha tea. I love it, when it is really hot in the summer they have an incredible kakigori which is shaved ice with green tea and red bean paste. It is beyond refreshing.

Reviewed 19 October 2014

This was my first visit to Toraya and I loved it. I went with a friend who had lived in Japan for several years and we had a lovely afternoon, as he introduced me to Matcha green tea and Japanese cakes. The tea shop has a relaxed and peaceful atmosphere and the service is very friendly.