“Excellent find near Eiffel tower”
Review of Au Petit Sud Ouest - CLOSED

Au Petit Sud Ouest
Price range: US$ 55 - US$ 73
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Tour Eiffel / Invalides
Description: Au Petit Sud Ouest is specialized on Duck and duck / goose liver (Foie gras). You have to like duck !! Open for lunch from 12 to 2:30 pm (last order at 2:30 pm) and dinner from 6 pm to 10 pm (last order at 10 pm). Better to make a booking. We are closed on Sunday and Monday and August. We have a shop too... Open from 9 am to midnight. Take away lots of differents "Foie gras" (duck or goose liver fresh or by tins)
Reviewed 18 June 2012

We researched this restaurant on trip advisor and took a chance. It was excellent! The staff is warm and friendly - the menu was all about duck! The foie GRAS mouth watering, the grilled duck with real fried potatoes was delicious. They provide a toaster at each table to toast your bread-really fun idea! Would definitely recommend. The location is a short walk from the tour Eiffel !

1  Thank larmar055

Reviewed 17 June 2012

After confirming an apartment nearby for an early summer 10 night stay, I did some research of neighborhood restaurants to find a few good ones to sample and after dining at Au Petit Sud Ouest was glad I'd chosen this amazing restaurant.

I'd stopped by only to find it close early in the week but happened to walk past one day and so lucked into a reservation 10PM reservation for a few days later later. The hostess was so polite and friendly with excellent English I was looking forward to the meal and it didn't disappoint.

After a long day of touring just outside of Paris, I was ready for a leisurely meal with good wine and the restaurant more than delivered. I was seated in the front section next to the wine displays and with an entrance/streetview which was nice to watch as I was dining solo. All the staff seemed to be really enjoying what they did as they were joking and smiling and made the welcome feel so warm and genuine.

I'd wanted to try this restaurant partly because of it's proximity to the apartment, it's reviews but also because I'd toured the southwest of France years earlier and really enjoyed the cuisine that's typical of that region and for which the restaurant is known. I started with the foie gras with sea salt and it was some of the best I'd ever had. The delicacy is a nice treat while travelling in France and one I appreciate on occasion. The main course I chose was the Cassoulet au confit canard, which is a slow cooked kidney bean and suck casserole that's a staple around Toulouse where I'd first had it and is served in a hot-from-the-oven crockpot. Ending the meal around 90 minutes later was a nice chocolate cake and cafe au lait before a stroll blocks away to view the Eiffel Tower lit up.

I considered myself lucky to be able to travel often, experience Paris by having an apartment in the 7th district and eating at Au Petit Sud Ouest. I can see why it has earned such outstanding reviews as it is an outstanding restaurant you should try if able while in Paris.

Reviewed 16 June 2012

We celebrate a birthday diner with friends. The service was impeccable, friendly and so accommodating for a party of 10.
Great ambiance, relax in a local neighborhood restaurant feel.
The food was fine, typical south of France cuisine. You need to like duck and fois gras as its the specialty.
My husband, a foie gras enthusiast, says its not the best he's had but it could just be that he had never had raw duck liver before and prefers it in paté or pans seared. Yet he still ate it all.. The Salads, Confit de canard and the apple tart were very good. Its not expensive, very reasonable and great for a group ans feeling like visiting family members in their home.

1  Thank Globetrotter_411
Reviewed 14 June 2012 via mobile

We like duck and it's varied preparations and there may be no better place for duck!

Service was good and once it got less busy, service was über friendly.

The raw foie gras may seem a tad adventurous but it is melt in your mouth amazing and better than any pan fried version or terrine I've ever had. Silky smooth and full of flavor. Like a soft dark chocolate accented by sea salt crystals. Only possible as the husband and wife owner operators work with the same farm for over 20 years

The lunch was so good. I had to bring the rest of the clan. Chantal was wonderful about arranging for 12 people. A feat for a cost restaurant.

Dinner was wonderful. Chantal was busy but made sure to check in. The family really enjoyed the meal including the kids. We tried almost everything on the menu!

1  Thank Monster695
Reviewed 13 June 2012

The food was excellent. Very tasty and adorable presentation of the dishes. Even though it wasn't very full we know for sure it was beacause we went on a tuesday night, we tried to book it on saturday but it was full. the service was very good (the waiter spoke perfect english) and the place was nice...

1  Thank satori92