“Don't book here if you have changes to your plans” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Holiday Inn Paris Gare Montparnasse

Hotel Holiday Inn Paris Gare Montparnasse
Ranked #815 of 1,794 Hotels in Paris
Toronto, Canada
“Don't book here if you have changes to your plans”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2012

We booked this hotel well in advance, and we have booked at other Holiday Inns with out problems. We found out 3 days before check in that our plane had switched to 1 day earlier, so we contacted Holiday Inn Customer service and they said they would speak to the hotel and get back to us. They didn't get back to us, so we went to the hotel as planned. On arrival we were told the price was fixed as it was an early booking, and we had to pay the extra day, no changes, so I offered that we put one of our 3 people in a seperate room for one night, and was told it wasn't possible. I then offered we could have free breakfast, as it was expensive, at $15 pp, but was told no as well. I tried to contact Holiday Inn about all of this, but never heard back. I would not recommend this hotel unless you are firm on your needs. The service is terrible. My experience is not good.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank 767traveler101111
Camille B, Directeur général at Hotel Holiday Inn Paris Gare Montparnasse, responded to this review, 1 August 2012
Dear 767traveler101111

Thank you for leaving a candid review. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations,

We’re sorry you received service which was disappointing from the Holiday Inn Customer Service but you booked a discounted rate implying some restrictions (no modification or cancellation allowed, full prepayment, breakfast not included). This is the reason why they could not change it.

We do hope that you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Camille BOUR-BOUVOT
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2012

The wireless internet access was not working throughout my entire stay. I brought my concerns to the front desk EVERY day, and each day, they assured me it would be fixed as soon as possible. The staff did not seem overly concerned by the problem as they would not even listen to the full explanation (regarding what was wrong); they simply said they would pass on the information to the people that could fix the problem. I asked to speak with a manager on several occasions, but this also did not solve the problem. I explained that I needed the internet for business purposes (which is why I was in Paris), but they offered no alternatives and displayed no sense of urgency. They did not seem overly apologetic or concerned, and this was reflected in the fact that the problem was never resolved.

In addition, upon checking in, it was obvious that the rooms were not properly cleaned; I found numerous cherry-stems on the carpet in my room, indicating it had not been vacuumed since the previous occupant left (I took pictures of this). I also found a piece of chocolate on the floor by the garbage can. These problems were minor compared to the major problem with the internet to me, but added to it, it shows the commitment level to guests is lacking in this hotel.

To say that the service was disappointing is a huge understatement. I checked out a day early and will not stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Choose a room at another hotel
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Michael S
Camille B, Directeur général at Hotel Holiday Inn Paris Gare Montparnasse, responded to this review, 18 July 2012
Dear Michael S,

Thank you for leaving a candid review as we take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations.

We’re sorry you received service which was unacceptable. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future.

We do hope that you give us another chance in the future.

GHeneral Manager
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2012

We stayed at the hotel earlier this week. The hotel is in a very good location accessible to metro and the Montparnasse Gare. There are many good restaurants within walking distance of the hotel. The hotel is spotless, our room was very nice and with a good view of the city. It was very comfortable as well as the bathroom. The front desk staff was very helpful to us with suggestions and taking care of our needs. The price of the room was high, 300 Euros, but in Paris, the good hotels charge that and more.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank HectorFL
, Directeur général at Hotel Holiday Inn Paris Gare Montparnasse, responded to this review, 9 July 2012
Dear HectorFL,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving such a review as it's always a pleasure to read that we have meet your expectations!
The staff is working hard to try and provide a good quality of service and your recognition is our greatest reward.

We do hope to welcome in again at the Holiday Inn Paris Gare Montparnasse,

London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2012

After reading many negative reviews I was a bit scared when booking this hotel. I thought maybe people have exaggerated a bit but as soon as I arrived I realised that it was a big mistake booking this hotel.

Stayed for 1 night. Arrived at 14:00 o'clock and was told that the room wasn't ready and that I had to wait about 45 minutes. Didn't mind waiting as the lady at the reception (Valerie) was very nice and explained it in a good manner. She was quite helpful and advised me of some nice locations where I could dine while the room was being prepared.
The room was small but clean, the bed very comfortable and the hotel is perfectly located if using the metro. Paid 15€ for car park for a day and internet is complimentary.

However the evening staff ( I think the lady was named Galvina) was rude and had absolutely no idea how to behave in front of a guest and did not understand much of customer service. The hotel does not have a restaurant, so if you want to have food in the evening, it will take around 45 minutes to be delivered as they have to order it from a restaurant far away.
Asked the reception lady for some slippers and she started laughing and replied she will see in the morning if they have some. When I told her I'm leaving at 7 am, she started laughing louder. Next morning I needed an iron and upon calling the reception I was told that they only have 4 irons and they are all given out. Its ridiculous that a 4 star hotel with 100 rooms is not able to provide an iron to its guests and replies with "sorry we don't have any at the moment, we can give you one later in the afternoon".

Overall the stay was very disappointing and leads the list of "worst hotel stays". If you are looking just for a comfortable bed then this hotel is alright but don't expect good customer service, cause you will definitely be disappointed. Probably my stay would not have been that bad if I wouldn't have met the rude and arrogant receptionist. If things are explained in a nice manner like Valerie did, hardly any guest would get angry but if a hotel cannot provide something and on top of that the staff is rude, in my eyes it's not acceptable.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Attaul_R
, Propriétaire at Hotel Holiday Inn Paris Gare Montparnasse, responded to this review, 6 July 2012
Dear Attaul_R,

I would like to thank you for your review and apologize that your experience with our hotel did not meet your expectations.
I would greatly appreciate further information regarding your stay in order to investigate further (generalmanager@hipargm.fr),

I do thank you in advance and hope to welcome you again in the future,

Stuttgart
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2012

We spent one night in this hotel which is situated next to the Gaîté metro station. The window in the first room we were given was glued with adhesive tape so that it could not be opened. We complained at the reception desk and were given another room. Here we could open the window but, as the room was at the front side of the hotel, there was a lot of noise from the Avenue du Maine. The room looked quite clean as well as the bathroom and the separate toilet. In the morning we had a look at the breakfast which cost 15 EUR. The choice was okay but the breakfast room (part of the hotel foyer) looked like a cafeteria, not suitable for a 4-star hotel where you pay 300 EUR a night. We won't choose this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Heidschnucke
Dear Heidschnucke,

Thank you for having taken time to leave your comments further to your stay in our establishment Holiday Inn Paris Gare Montparnasse.

I have the pleasure to announce you that your remark concerning the windows was well taken into account and that we are actually working on a complete change of these ones.

Regarding the breakfast room, a program of renovation of the hall (including this space) is planned for the end of the year.

I do remain at your disposal and hope to welcome you again during your next stay in Paris.