“Oh my!”
Review of Le Restaurant

Le Restaurant
Reserve with
Le Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #276 of 17,522 Restaurants in Paris
Price range: US$ 107 - US$ 143
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Saint-Germain-des-Pres
Reviewed 20 September 2012

My wife and I had intended celebrating 16 years of our lives together by dining at a certain restaurant in the sky, but were put off by negative comments about the food. One review I noticed had mentioned Le Restaurant as a much better proposition - excellent food, romantic surroundings. Hmm. We happened to be in the area today, so I suggested we try lunch to see if it would suit for our special day. Oh my. As it was a trial, my wife had the formule and I had the menu (couldn't resist the foie gras - with mango and passionfruit?). A wise move. To keep it simple, this place is wonderful. The room is intimate and small. The staff are warm and know what they are doing. The food is amongst the tastiest we have ever eaten, inventive and beautifully presented. Everything we ate, from the amuse bouche to the sweets served with coffee was exquisite. My words don't adequately describe the experience. We've booked for our special meal, degustation please. Can't wait. Do you get the message?

2  Thank rusty1948
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Le Restaurant

Reviewed 18 September 2012

After a disappointing celebratory dinner at the highly ranked Jules Verne restaurant we were thrilled with our overall experience at Le Restaurant. Can't think of a better meal over the past 2 weeks here and rivaled the best we've had in New Orleans and New York.

Wait staff was superb, ambiance romantic and the chef's creations were creative, complex and delicious. I wished my French ws better to compliment him when he came by our table. What a perfect evening.

1  Thank ALA3
Reviewed 17 September 2012

We were invited for lunch at Le Restaurant by our friends, and what a fantastic place it was. Absolutely beautiful inside, classy and comfortable at the same time. The service was first class, the lunch menu beautifully presented and the taste was excellent.

We found a rare and special champagne to follow the meal, a Ulysse Collin Blanc de Noirs single vineyard, it smelled and tasted wonderfully, and was reasonably priced for such a hidden gem of a champagne. My only small complain was that the vaitor insisted that Blanch de Noir champagne was made from both Chardonnay and Pinot Noir, that is wrong, it means white wine made from red grapes and should be known at such a classy restaurant. But that is not important, we had a splendid wedding lunch, certainly worthy of the Michelin star Le Restaurant has.

Thank you to our good friends Marie and Ola for the experience!

Reviewed 5 September 2012

From start to finish this meal was to die for. We went for the 7 course degustation menu at lunch. As the restaurant was not busy the chef let me have some input as to which things on the menu I really wanted to try. I have never eaten every morsel of every course in a meal this large before but we literally could have licked our plates clean it was that good. Service was friendly but not intrusive, professional with out any air of arrogance. The room was so beautiful and every plate a work of art. I have eaten in many starred restaurants and this was a huge hit with me. Not sure I can go home without another visit. But I'll be back at Christmas so maybe then. A truly wonderful experience.

1  Thank Kathryn M
Reviewed 20 August 2012

I like every single detail.there is a hotel when you will open the historic books and emagine yourself in the period before century's