“Great food, not for everyone ”
Review of Dersou

Dersou
Reserve with
Dersou is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3,835 of 19,023 Restaurants in Paris
Neighbourhood: Bastille / Oberkampf
Neighbourhood: Bastille / Oberkampf
Reviewed 6 April 2018 via mobile

To begin I have to say that we ordered the 115€ 6 dishes menu.

The ingredients are not written and it was nice to be surprised every single dish.

The cocktails are super tasty and interesting and I was happy to taste them.

Despite the good things, I have to be honest and say that there is a lack of consideration for the people who don't eat seafood or are allergic to lactose.

My father is not eating seafood and we expected to get an alternative for the seafood, and instead of it, every meal that included seafood was served regularly just without the seafood, which is a major part of the dish.

In a small restaurant of 20-30 places and 6-7 tables we expected to get more attention and alternatives from the restaurant.

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

After reading about Dersou recently I was looking forward to dinner there. However they canceled my reservation because I was a 1 person party.

On their website it says 1-3 people parties could be seated at the bar. For a lengthy dinner I can’t sit at a backless bar stool. It says to request a table at 7:30. I did so.

Their response was 1 person cannot be seated at a table. And they canceled my reservation.

1  Thank Linda M
Reviewed 4 November 2017

Fantastic idea, pairing the tasting menu with simple cocktails. Small salon, a few tables against the wall and bar seating as well. Good with some oriental influence, correct service. Close to la Bastille.

Reviewed 24 September 2017 via mobile

We found both the food and the cocktails innovative and flavoursome. There was nothing that I didn't enjoy eating and a lot of thought had gone into the menu. I was concerned that the pairing cocktails might get too sweet but they weren't at all. Finally the staff here were friendly and helpful. I would totally recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 16 January 2017 via mobile

Always tempting to visit a Le Fooding favorite but this place is just a bunch of people who are highly pleased with themselves serving bland food in small portions.

The amuse-bouche of beef broth with brown butter was a harbinger of things to come. Little money spent on ingredients and no substance.

A series of seven small plates with a few cubes of protein or a small sushi roll loaded with veggies and herbs but no flavor.

The last plate, one of two main courses, was a chicken wing and a small roll of breast meat the size of a small can of cat food, had no taste and was so tough it verges on the inedible. My cats probably wouldn't have eaten it.

The bespoke cocktails served in tiny glasses were interesting but no amount of alcohol could offset the sense of being ripped off by people who spent no money on the interior or amenities because they knew they'd be gone soon.

If you go, try to find a pizza place in the neighborhood so you can stop for a slice on the way home.

1  Thank twodivers