“The BEST restaurant in Paris” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 16,628 Restaurants in Paris
Price range: US$ 40 - US$ 100
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
france
“The BEST restaurant in Paris”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2011

I had the privilege to dine twice at the Bristol restaurant in August and November 2011
We both had an outstanding evening
The food is probably the best I have experienced so far, it's extremely tasteful.
Much better than other 3 Michelin stars restaurants in Paris in NY
The service is both extremely efficient and also extremely nice & Friendly.
You really feel welcome and at home from the minute your arrive in this beautiful hotel.
The staff know how to make you feel comfortable and unique.
We went with our baby (she turned 6 month in November) and each time it was a great experience. They're very child friendly there.
Our baby received a complimentary plate of mashed potatoes and a stuffed animal
The mashed potatoes were delicious.
As a matter of fact, our daughter didn't eat last week the mashed potatoes of Joel Robuchon but did eat the one from Le Bristol
We received our desert and shortly after my wife had to leave to take care of our baby
My wife desert was a warm souffle. One of the staff remove her desert (as it became cold) and make another brand new one when she was back.
We also received two bags of "mignardise" to take home.
Few informations :
- The glassware are made by Baccarat and the silverware of the regular Christofle products (not the "cheap" Christofle hotel products)
- We don't eat meat and the entire staff was aware of that (even the waiter who bring us some bread told us that we can't eat this bread as there is meat inside, they had a large selections of breads)
- The entire staff knew our name and knew our daughter name
- The prices are correct. It's easy to pay more for a less quality restaurant
- When we went there in August, the valet bring us to the restaurant and we even didn't have the say our name (it seems that even the valet was aware that a couple with a baby will come for dinner)
- This time also we didn't have to say our name as they remember us from last time
- The restaurant is part of the Amex fine dining program and they have a couple of tables booked daily. Suggest to take advantage of that if you're an Amex Plat or centurion card holder.
In my opinion this is the best 3 michelin stars restaurants in France both for the food and the service

• Visited November 2011
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hotel Le Bristo... P, Directeur at Epicure, responded to this review, 24 August 2016
Dear guest,

We thank you for the review you posted on TripAdvisor regarding your visits to Epicure.

What a pleasure to read that after your several visits, you keep coming to Epicure and remain satisfied! Our guest satisfaction is our daily ambition and we are glad we succeeded in providing you such a great experience.

As you mentioned, we work on offering a professional and efficient service, yet warm and welcoming. We are delighted we found the perfect balance with you, and that your daughter felt good among us.

We thank you for all the warm compliments you make towards our restaurant and for considering us as the best 3 Michelin stars restaurant.

We would be happy to welcome you back for another beautiful experience.

Manager of Epicure
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow

• Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Hong Kong, China
“Good service, mediocre food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2011

We were in Paris for 2 nights, only had a Monday evening all free. Lots good restaurants were dark that day. We eventually decided to try Le Bistrol. We made the dinner reservation through American Express Concierge. The restaurant was empty when we entered. But we were seated next to the entrances of the restaurant and its kitchen. the worst table in there. Maybe that's the table they reserve for American Express?
The dinning room was beautifully decorated and the table setting was nice. On one hand the service was as good or, better than other Micheline star restaurant I went.( I have been to about 15 star restaurants, but none of them was in Paris.) On the other hand, when the restaurant gradually filled up, we encountered an army of waiter and waitress in & out of kitchen. walking back and forth by our side . nevertheless, the service itself was great and very professional. I just wish they would suggest people go outside for cell phone calls.
Now the food. it's probably the worst out of all the fancy dinners I had on my 18day trip in Europe. The dishes were uneven in terms of quality. My husband had the pre-fix menu. I had 2 starters-Uni(Sea Urchin) which was OK, and king crab was light and flavorful. How ever, The main course Hare which was recommended to me as an excellent traditional dish, was way too salty. it came with a dark fish sauce(anchovy?) tasted pretty bad and doesn't fit well with the hare anyway. My husband's meat course was kind bland, but came with a surprisingly delicious sauce, which I stolen half for my hare. Both of our desert are extremely over sweetened, even by American standard. I never had dessert this sweet in Europe. The visual presentation of the dishes were also below average in general. I had 2 glasses of wine which were recommended to me, both were good.
Overall, this is the first "star" restaurant I had food kind of disappointing. Not recommended.

• Visited October 2011
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank XiaoShia
Dear guest,

We are disappointed to read your dissatisfaction toward your experience at Epicure.

We are sorry that the table you were seating at during your meal did not satisfied you, and that the cuisine of our chef Eric Frechon did not fulfill your gastronomic expectations on that day.

We wish we could welcome you again to convince you that the experience you had was inusual.

California,USA
“Average restaurant but very expensive.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2011

We dine here because we stayed 2night at the Bristol hotel. Despite the 3 Michelin stars, the food was OK but not excellent. We had the tasting menu for 500 euros and a bottle of Champagne for another 200 euros. The fish was tastless and the duck breast had no special taste. The desserts were ok but not impressive at all. Ask not to be seated close to the kitchen door otherwise you can have dozen of waiters running in and out every 10 seconds. As they realized the confusion they have created close to my table, they come at the end with a glass of fortified wine to apologize but , again, for 700+ euros I was expected something more ( they simply should avoid to put a table there and avoid to have too many people working there as well!!) Overall the food was average and the price too hight!,

3 Thank giogio42
Dear guest,

We read with disappointment your dissatisfaction toward your experience at Epicure.

We regret that the table you were seated at during your meal did not suit you, and we deplore that the cuisine of our chef Eric Frechon did not satisfy you.

We would be glad to welcome you again to overturn this experience, so you could realize your experience at Epicure was unusual.

Paris, France
“High class all the way”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2011

Having tea and pastries at the Bristol is an amazing experience; Beautiful courtyard amongst the flowers and fountain; Super afternoon tea with a bottom tray of gorgeous petits fours a middle tray of sandwiches and a top layer of beautiful pastries and macarons. The service as you can expect was exemplary The attention to detail is beyond perfection, The Bristol is world class, 100% incredible .
We enjoyed it so much that everything else will now be second best and we will certainly be returning.

• Visited September 2011
Dear guest,

We thank you for the review you posted on TripAdvisor regarding your experience at the Bristol Hotel.

It seems that you had a great time during your tea time, which must have taken place at Le Café Antonia, near our restaurant Epicure.

The team is delighted to read your compliments and thank you for your kind words.
We would be happy to welcome you back for another amazing experience.

Palm Beach, Florida
“I truly enjoyed this place..”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2011

it was so comfortable, warm and inviting and so was the service. And the food was spectacular. You don't hear about this restaurant as much as some of the other Michelin starred ones in Paris. And I think this was one of my favorites. It just had that traditional flair and the food I felt was a stand-out in flavor and presentation. My husband ordered an amazing mashed potato with generous amounts of caviar on top. And I had a stuffed macaroni to start: amazing! The main courses were just as satisfying; they offered different styles of preparation to various fish dishes and asked what I enjoyed. I chose the sole with a Normandy inspired sauce...so delicious and beautiful to look at they way they wrapped it up! This was our final Michelin night (of eight) after a two week stay in France and this still stands out in my mind to be better than most. I highly recommend this restaurant.

• Visited September 2011
Dear guest,

We thank you for the review you posted on TripAdvisor regarding your dinner at Epicure.

What a pleasure to read your lines! We are delighted that you had such a great experience among us, and we thank you for the warm compliments toward the cuisine of our chef Eric Frechon.

Our guest’s satisfaction is our daily ambition, and we are glad we succeeded in giving you an enjoyable experience you will remember.

We would be happy to welcome you back for another great time.