“Good kitchen, bad service”
Review of El Palenque - CLOSED

El Palenque
Price range: US$ 58 - US$ 77
Cuisines: Argentinian, Central American
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Quartier Latin
Description: El Palenque a ouvert ses portes dans le coeur du 5eme arrondissement en 1965. A l'epoque c'etait le seul restaurant ou l'on pouvait decouvrir la gastronomie argentine.Venez decouvrir les entrees du Nord de l'Argentine empanadas, pastel de choclo, chorizos criollos. Tous ces plats sont faits maison afin de vous garantir le gout de l'authenticite. La specialite, la viande de boeuf Argentin importee fraiche et grillee sur de la braise de quebracho blanco. Naturellement pour les desserts prime toujours le dulce de leche, sous toutes ses presentations. Pour accompagner votre repas vous trouverez des vins argentins des provinces de Mendoza et de Cafayate, mais aussi quelques vins chiliens pour les plus curieux.
Reviewed 14 May 2016 via mobile

the food was very good, authentic argentinian
meat. althought the service was really bad. they had a problem with some table reservation and literally threw us out of the restaurant while we were still finishing our dinner. that's not the manner for a 100€ meal!

Reviewed 30 April 2016

This came recommended by a Parisian friend. The entire meal was excellent - the meat especially so. We had the beef empenadas, the corn puree, the ribeye for 2, and the chocolate torte.

Reviewed 22 March 2016

We went for a late lunch on 3/19/16, happened by this place completely by accident. Thank goodness! The food was amazing and the Manager, Mauricio I think is his name is so friendly and attentive. I had the churrasco, which was cooked medium well...so delicious along with the creamed corn. To drink I had the capirinha which was amazinggg! I had another alcoholic beverage...the first one on the menu but didn't come close to the capirinha. Meal for 2 people was about $100 US dollars, we got 3 alcoholic beverages, 2 churrasco plates which came w/ salad, 1 creamed corn (we shared this), 2 starters of empanadas (2 come with each order), only because they did flub on our order. I had originally requested the cheese empanadas and was brought the beef. I wasn't sure if the empanadas I ate were the ones I ordered and when I asked I was informed that the cheese ones, which were the ones I originally wanted, only have cheese, I told our server it was okay and to please bring the cheese ones, beef were better. 1 starter of the chorizo (includes 2 pieces), 1 dessert (the chocolate torta, yummy!!!), and 1 coffee.

Reviewed 21 March 2016 via mobile

Beautifully cooked food, starter amazing, steak cooked to perfection with sweet potato mash, best I've had. The wine was fantastic. Staff very efficient. This place is definitely worth a visit. May be an idea to book a table, we arrived and were first to dine however by the time our starters were finished the place was almost full. Clearly some regulars dining which is a great sign. A must place to dine in Paris...highly recommended.

Reviewed 10 March 2016 via mobile

We were at El Palenque last night and we loved everything about it. Empanadas were home made and super fresh and the meat was delicious and perfectly cooked. Wine and service were amazing. A place I would definitely recommend.