“Wow! Wowzers”

Price range: US$ 60 - US$ 78
Cuisines: Argentinian, Central American
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Quartier Latin
Description: El Palenque a ouvert ses portes dans le coeur du 5eme arrondissement en 1965. A l'epoque c'etait le seul restaurant ou l'on pouvait decouvrir la gastronomie argentine.Venez decouvrir les entrees du Nord de l'Argentine empanadas, pastel de choclo, chorizos criollos. Tous ces plats sont faits maison afin de vous garantir le gout de l'authenticite. La specialite, la viande de boeuf Argentin importee fraiche et grillee sur de la braise de quebracho blanco. Naturellement pour les desserts prime toujours le dulce de leche, sous toutes ses presentations. Pour accompagner votre repas vous trouverez des vins argentins des provinces de Mendoza et de Cafayate, mais aussi quelques vins chiliens pour les plus curieux.
Reviewed 22 March 2016

We went for a late lunch on 3/19/16, happened by this place completely by accident. Thank goodness! The food was amazing and the Manager, Mauricio I think is his name is so friendly and attentive. I had the churrasco, which was cooked medium well...so delicious along with the creamed corn. To drink I had the capirinha which was amazinggg! I had another alcoholic beverage...the first one on the menu but didn't come close to the capirinha. Meal for 2 people was about $100 US dollars, we got 3 alcoholic beverages, 2 churrasco plates which came w/ salad, 1 creamed corn (we shared this), 2 starters of empanadas (2 come with each order), only because they did flub on our order. I had originally requested the cheese empanadas and was brought the beef. I wasn't sure if the empanadas I ate were the ones I ordered and when I asked I was informed that the cheese ones, which were the ones I originally wanted, only have cheese, I told our server it was okay and to please bring the cheese ones, beef were better. 1 starter of the chorizo (includes 2 pieces), 1 dessert (the chocolate torta, yummy!!!), and 1 coffee.

Reviewed 21 March 2016 via mobile

Beautifully cooked food, starter amazing, steak cooked to perfection with sweet potato mash, best I've had. The wine was fantastic. Staff very efficient. This place is definitely worth a visit. May be an idea to book a table, we arrived and were first to dine however by the time our starters were finished the place was almost full. Clearly some regulars dining which is a great sign. A must place to dine in Paris...highly recommended.

Reviewed 10 March 2016 via mobile

We were at El Palenque last night and we loved everything about it. Empanadas were home made and super fresh and the meat was delicious and perfectly cooked. Wine and service were amazing. A place I would definitely recommend.

Reviewed 24 November 2015

Went here with a friend for dinner. We had a couple of entrees, grilled sausage and an avocado salad. Both were OK but pretty small for the price - two tiny sausages. The steaks were however, enormous and really good. Didn't really come with anything so we had to order sides, and I did not find the mushy sweet corn that spectacular. OK wine by the glass. All in all the food was quite good and the service was friendly and efficient. Felt the whole was a bit overpriced compared to a steak in a bistro elsewhere in Paris, but the quantity of meat was also quite a bit more than you would normally get.

Reviewed 20 October 2015 via mobile

The place was nice, nice music, not too loud, and the food was excellent. I had the baby beef, it's very tasty and tender. The staff was very nice as well.