“SIMPLY AWESOME! A MUST GO!”
Review of Chez Marcel

Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Saint-Germain-des-Pres
Reviewed 27 April 2017

Awesome experience! We opted for Chez Marcel by chance and what a pleasant surprise!
Very good food (I highly recommend the pork carpaccio), fun atmosphere, amazing decor (you really feel like being in a Bouchon from Lyon) and fair price. The wine of the house (White Macon was maybe too good...so we drank more than we should have but did not even have a headache the next morning). The owner is a very sweet and fun person who took the time to translate every single dish on the menu.
Definitely go!!

Reviewed 16 April 2017

Just across the street from the hotel I stayed at, and highly recommended by the staff at Hotel Le Six, was this delightful restaurant. I went my first night in Paris and loved it so much that I went back the next night. On my own, I wanted a place that was welcoming and friendly with great food. The staff was friendly and spoke to me in French and English. The next night they welcomed me like an old friend and I ended up staying 3 1/2 hours enjoying my meal and chatting with my neighbors. And, I enjoyed an end of the evening toast on the house. I'll be back.

Reviewed 23 March 2017 via mobile

Montparnasse is a nice very "French" quarter, and this is the place one like to find in Paris: full of local people with great atmosphere and good French food. The service is informal and fun, and they came with day's recommendation that I purchased immediately. First, Tagliatelle made from sepia (attention: not "tagliatelle with sepia" but actually tagliatelle made from sepia. Great. And kidneys cooked with mustard and cream. Delicious.
In summary, a nice and very popular place to enjoy far from the most touristic places in Paris.

Reviewed 22 March 2017

Really enjoyed this restaurant food was great people were very accommodating and nice - great stop for Paris trip

Reviewed 13 March 2017

Direct in front of our hotel Le Six we found the Restaurant Chez Marcel. This is a typical french Brasserie. The place small but very cosy. The staff extreme heartily you will feel you welcome for the first second. The food was excellent. Traditional french cuisine with finest ingredients. This restaurant is worth a visit and I can recommend it.