“Love the Escargot!”

Cuisines: French
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Quartier Latin
Reviewed 15 November 2011

So I went the this restaurant in 2010. It was delicious. And the atmosphere was very parisian. My favorite dish were the escargots. They were delicious. We also ordered the fish and the quail. Both were wonderfuly but the escargots are what I remember the best. I think this restaurant is great and I know some of the places have commented on their continued good ratings whether they deserve it or not. All I know is the staff was very pleasant, the food delicious, and the ambiance wonderful. In addition, you could definitely see a mix of tourists and parisians there. I would definitely go back again...

Date of visit: December 2010

Reviewed 3 November 2011

We have been frequenting Allard since the mid 70's. At one time a haven for American buyers when US department stores could afford buying French goods. Signature dish (1) A Roast Duck smothered in green olives. If you're worried about salty taste - don't. The olives are blanched before going on the duck and in the oven. Prepared only for 2 or 3 people - for 2 it's 49 Euros or 59 Euros. (2) Poulet Bresse. A roast chicken like you never had before. Order the fried potatoes with it. Somewhat pricey for Chicken, made only for 2 it's 59 Euros. I may sound pricey but 4 foodies could eat themselves into heaven with one of each for 108 Euros. They have several appetizers but the Salad Bettrave (sugar beets) and cucumber salads are excellent. For dessert they have a Tarte fine aux Pomme that is served with ice cream and is out of sight. Excellent wine list at almost on price, you can get an excellent red of white for 20 to 30 Euros (yes you also spend a fortune if you want to. Our bill for four people with two bottles of wine was about 180 Euros. The place looks exactly like it did last century. Say hello for me to Sebastien (owner with his father Thierry).

Date of visit: October 2011
1  Thank BillGinsburg
Reviewed 31 October 2011

We came for the grenouille (35Euro/medium plate) and it was not bad, perhaps a bit saltier than we've expected.

Date of visit: September 2011
Reviewed 26 October 2011

We thoroughly enjoyed our evening and meal here and actually thought it represented value against some of the 'also ran' offerings around in Paris at high prices. The 'Poulet de Bresses' was extremely tasty as was the salad of Green beans with smoked duck breast. A good restaurant and worth the visit

Reviewed 17 October 2011

Allard receives some great reviews, and we had a nice dinner, but nothing overly special. We were seated in what we refer to as the American room, if we ever go back to try again, I would request the dining room.

Date of visit: September 2011