“Charming hotel with a great location and great connections”

Mercure Paris Terminus Nord
Ranked #1,141 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 18 April 2012

We did visit Paris in April 2012 and we stayed at the Mercure Paris Terminus Nord Hotel.
The hotel has a great location, next to the international train station. The subway is also next the hotel.
The rooms are small but clean! The hotel is a bit aged, but we thought it was charming.
The restaurant downstairs was delicious, but quite expensive..

We had a nice stay!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Michael_D_1908
Mercuretenor, General Manager at Mercure Paris Terminus Nord, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2012

Dear Guest,

I am delighted that you found our hotel to be ideally located. But even more, I appreciate that your stay in our hotel has been pleasant and that you found it charming.

I really would like to thank you for your kind comments and I look forward to welcoming you again in a near future.

Best regards

Reviewed 18 April 2012

I was arriving on a late Eurostar from London and wanted the closest hotel to Gare Nord and as I have some VIP card with this hotel group, I thought mercure would be an easy solution.
Wrong. This hotel needs love and big investment and it could be fabulous. Instead it's just knackered. Tired bathrooms, crack grout, blistered bath and even mould! No lights or Tv as a fuse had blown which was fixed by quite nice staff at 1am. Decent breakfast though. Great location for eurostar. Good place for a suicide attempt as its so depressing. Mercure, please spend some money on this lovely, poor old place! I have had to come to the George V for lunch just to cheer myself up!

• Stayed: April 2012
3  Thank Dogontour
Mercuretenor, General Manager at Mercure Paris Terminus Nord, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2012

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your comments. I have to say that I appreciate your honest feedback and your underlying constructive criticism. As you well noticed, some of our rooms need to be freshened up in the bathroom area. Thank you for understanding the potential that our property has and please be aware that we are working very hard towards trying to live up to it.

I would be very happy to try to talk you out of any future impulses that may lead you to want to cut your days short and would gladly invite you for lunch but no need to go that far when you have the fabulous Brasserie Terminus Nord right at your doorstep.

Until then, please accept my compliments for your elegant writing not without a touch of irony which, alas, I cannot but appreciate.

Reviewed 1 April 2012

It is conveniently located opposite Gare du Nord, so all Eurostar/Thalys connections, trains and metro are available, as well as RER B going to Charles de Gaulle airport. I presume I got a large room as the hotel was far from full (I payed 102 eur without breakfast, at arrival day rate was put up as 120 EUR, and I know from previous times that prices could go up quite a lot higher). Given the location, the press available in lobby is larger than you would expect, in French and English (inluding FinancialNews, which is interesting as quite specialised weekly). Room was nice, large (double bed, table, chair and sofa type, with plenty of space) and looks quite new, except carpet and sink that looked somewhat cheap compared to rest of the the interior. The main drawback is that it was on street side looking at Gare du Nord and it is not a quite street, so I would recommend not to stay on that side. Wifi was paying, different from a hotel of same chain that I stayed 2 weeks before. I had to leave early and did not take breakfast, they have a whisky bar for those keen on something different from the rest. Neighbourhood is quite lively, I did not experience problems however.

Room Tip: given noise from the street, I would recommend not to stay on front side of the hotel
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank BelgianInIstanbul
Mercuretenor, General Manager at Mercure Paris Terminus Nord, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your recent feedback. I am very happy that you enjoyed your spacious room as well as our convenient location.

I hope that in your next visit you will have the time to try our breakfast since a lot of time and effort has been invested in improving this service.

Regarding the press on offer, we do like to offer a variety of magazines and this comes as a direct result of listening to the specific needs of our guests. Also, since you mentioned the Wifi access, we have just put in place a free internet corner which is proving to be very popular with our guests.

I look forward to welcoming you again in our hotel and, of course, our aim will be to continue to meet, if not exceed, your expectations in the future.

Reviewed 28 March 2012

We chose this hotel for it's location supposedly opposite the gare du nord and it didn't disappoint.
The hotel was clean with friendly and helpful staff but the rooms were nothing special and didn't reflect the price.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank 06lizzie
Mercuretenor, General Manager at Mercure Paris Terminus Nord, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback. I am very happy that you were satisfied with our cleaning standards and that you found our staff friendly and helpful. I shall pass on your kind words to the relevant staff.

I look forward to welcoming you again and to having the chance to bridge the gap that you felt there was between the quality you experienced and the price.

Reviewed 26 March 2012

Took out a long weekend with 'Living Social'. The Mercure hotel was not within the original package where the wife and I opted for an overnight stay, rather than just taking the day trip from London.

We found the Mercure to be in an ideal location with good connections to both Euro Star and the Paris Metro.

The rooms were clean, beds very comfortable and the hotel provided an excellent breakfast buffet. No one should leave hungry from this hotel! Would agree some of the corridors need a lick of paint (which is in process) but this did not detract from our Paris weekend..

Price: Our double room with inclusive breakfast buffet for 2 persons was just EUR70.00.

On leaving we invited to leave our baggage for collection later.

Would certainly consider this hotel again, both for its good location and value.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Servicised

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback. I am delighted that you found our hotel to be “ideally” located. Thank you for pointing out the cleaning standards and the comfortable bedding. I am especially satisfied with your comment regarding our breakfast since this is an area where we have invested a lot of time and resources in order to improve it.

I thank you again for your compliments and shall look forward to welcoming you again in our hotel.