“Great way to see Paris”

and up
The Versailles Day Bike Tour from Paris
Ranked #3 of 146 Outdoor Activities in Paris
More attraction details
Owner description: Bike About Tours is a small, grassroots bike tour company with tours in Paris, Versailles, and the Champagne region. Our Paris bike tours focus on the charming back streets & local neighborhoods of the city- in small groups. Our Versailles bike tour explores the legendary city of Versailles through Versailles' many cycle paths & forest trails from the Chateau itself to the hamlet of Marie-Antoinette. After a short train ride from Paris, our Champagne bike tour takes you through vineyard trails, local cellars and some of France best Champagne. Paris, Versailles & Champagne have truly become biking cities, and tours follow carefully planned routes. The Bike About team is here to share their local secrets with you, so come see what everybody has been talking about!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 29 May 2012

My girlfriend and I had a ripping tour, guided by Alex.... Amazingly informative and a great way to cover ground and see the place in a limited time.

Can't speak highly enough of the guide who knew everything and took a lot of time not to exclude anyone while keeping everyone involved.

Just do the tour!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 28 May 2012

My brother and I had a great time on our bike tour to Versailles. We especially liked the picnic in the gardens and biking to Marie Antoinette's village. It was breath taking!! I couldn't believe I was riding a bike through Versailles! It was a once in a life time experience. The tour guide was great and very encouraging and positive!! He was also very knowledgable about the history of Versailles. I would recommend this for any level of biker because the ride is very enjoyable and the guide very patient and fun!!

Reviewed 27 May 2012

We arrived in Paris early afternoon on Friday May 18 and had scheduled a 3:00 tour that afternoon. What a perfect way to start out trip! The activity helped in acclimating our bodies and the tour itself was a great introduction to Paris, a city to which my three young-adult children, wife, and I had never been. Our tour guide, Angelica, was an absolute delight! We saw parts of the city we would have never seen otherwise and many parts that we later re-discovered as we walked about the city. Angelica offered a perfect mix of local knowledge with the ability to see the city as a newcomer. Perfect pacing, covered a lot of ground but felt easy with frequent stops to see the sights or hear the folklore. Would recommend to all.

Reviewed 25 May 2012

While recently in Paris with my husband and 15 year old daughter, we took the morning tour of Paris with Bike About Tours. This is my third tour, and my husband's fifth, with this company. Even though I had been on it twice before I learned new things and saw new things in Paris. The tour guide was excellent and engaging. She was intelligent, sincere, and her narration was well-informed and not canned. The bikes were comfortable (I got a squishy gel seat), and the route was pretty darned flat. This is our second time taking a teenaged child on this tour, and both said it was the thing they liked best about their trip to Europe. The owners are awesome, hip dudes with good business savvy. I would highly reccommend it to anyone going to Paris and wanting to get off the beaten track and see the real Paris.

2  Thank TeriStephens
Reviewed 24 May 2012

Everything about this experience was great! The bikes were excellent and biking on a Parisian Sunday with perfect weather is just about all one can ask for. Paul, the co-owner and guide, was truly a wonderful guide. He showed us the back streets of Paris including a special visit to a home that normally is closed to the public but was open due to the Presidential elections.

Great job folks! We look forward to biking with you again, perhaps in Versailles.

Merci Bocu!