All reviews macaroons le timbre hotel des academies luxembourg gardens boutique hotel rooms are small vavin metro station superior room side street around the corner great boutique yogurt continental breakfast restaurant recommendations wonderful hotel a wonderful stay latin quarter
Reviewed 7 October 2018

This is a well-located hotel in Montparnasse, near train station, good continental breakfast, helpful, friendly staff, clean room, nice lounge with coffee, everything in good working order, lots of stores and restaurants within walking distance

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Amandine F, Directeur général at Hotel des Academies et des Arts, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2018

Dear rmh112,

Thank you for your nice review on the hotel des Academies et des arts, its location, its comfort, its breakfasts and, last but not least, its team. I am glad you enjoyed it!

We look forward to welcoming you back, do not hesitate to contact us to organize your next stay with us!

Reviewed 7 October 2018

This was a nice hotel. It was very convenient to two lines of the metro, and there were lots of great restaurants within walking distance. The concierge, Luis, was spectacular, and gave us great recommendations for restaurants that were not touristy. On the down side, the rooms were quite small, and it was hard storing our clothes and stuff. Also, they need to provide water and coffee to guests. They provide a single bottle of bubbly water when you check in, but that is all and you can't get more later. There is a breakfast, but we did not partake. It was 16 euros, I think, for a continental breakfast, We went around the corner, about 200 yards, to a nice bakery, and had great pastries and coffees for only a couple of euros.

Room Tip: Don't opt for the smallest rooms, even the bigger ones are small. If you are going to have luggage and stuff, you will need more room.
Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends

Dear edaf1246,

Thank you very much for your time sharing this kind review.

I'm glad to read that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel.

You should have tested at least once our breakfast.. we only offer fresh products and our pastries and breads are delivered by our baker in the morning. Although it is true that you can savor nice pastries in the neighborhood, in the bakeries:)
If you book directly with us, breakfast is offered throughout the stay!

Thank you for your compliments on Luis, I'm glad he made some nice recommendations for you.

We are sorry that the water and coffee did not meet your expectations.

We offer a bottle of water on arriva,l and then the mini bar in the rooms propose different drinks (water, coke, ice tea, beer, champagne ..)
We also offer a courtesy tray with tea in all rooms. Also, in the hotel lounges, a nespresso machine is available so you can enjoy different types of coffee and tea.

We sincerely hope to see you again in our hotel.

Reviewed 3 October 2018

This hotel is located in a great place, in the 6th arrondissement near to 2 metro lines and more restaurants within walking distance than you can imagine. We chose the middle sized room and wish we had gone with the largest, but we managed. It had a king sized bed (part of what made it seem so small, but an important feature), which was very comfortable. The room was quieter than I expected--we were never disturbed. It was not on the street side, so that may make a difference. The room was kept clean and the housekeeper did a good job, considering how much stuff we had lying around. We were there for a week, so there wasn't a lot of extra room to store things either to hang up or put on shelves. That said, I would stay there again. The main concierge, Luis, was fabulous. He gave us great recommendations for restaurants in the area, and was generally quite helpful. The other staff members were good, too, but Luis seemed to go the extra mile for us. Tea was available in the afternoons, along with little cakes (not freshly baked, just in plastic. My husband thought they should have more coffee available in the lobby or sitting area. You had either a coffee pot or tea pot in your room, so that wasn't going to please both of us. We didn't order the continental breakfast at the hotel because we didn't want so much bread in the morning and neither of us eats yogurt. It seemed a bit expensive at 16 euros anyway. In any case, there was a nice bakery around the corner for pastries or a croissant and coffee. Our friend who did have the breakfast there said it was good.

Room Tip: Rooms not on the street side; largest room is best
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Myrna F ,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us!

We are glad to read that you had a pleasant stay at the Hôtel des Académies et des Arts.

You pointed out some key details such as the comfort of the bedding, the maintenance cleaning service of your room or the quality of our staff service. We are delighted that you appreciated them.

I can read Luis was very helpfull and at your disposal and it means a lot to us that you mentioned it, thank you!

I confirm that we serve a nice and gourmet breakfast, and if you make a booking directly with us, breakfast is always offered for the all stay!

We are listening to our guests and think it is important to meet specific expectations and that is the reason why I inform you that we offer 4 different coffees intensity and one decaffeinated, plus the tea, in the lounges, which you can enjoy as much as you wish.
Two kinds of cakes are also offered with chocolate and nature.
Regarding your remark on the size of the rooms, we also offer deluxe rooms with a larger size.

We hope to welcome you again for your next trip to Paris !

Reviewed 29 September 2018 via mobile

The rooms of this hotel are similar to the ones I've seen in other establishments of the same category.

However, I was impressed by the kindness of the staff. It was impressive.

I was there for work, and my colleague and I used the lounge to work during the afternoon without any problem.

One thing that annoyed me was the car/taxi service to the airport. The one they called, which seemed to be regular, didn't accept credit cards. I'm less than sure that it was an official csr car service. In my point of view, this is not acceptable for a hotel in this category to associate itself with such a car service.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
Amandine F, Directeur général at Hotel des Academies et des Arts, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2018

Dear M.Laquinte,

We sincerely thank you for your feedback on your stay at the hotel des Académies et des Arts, and thank you especially for having put the accent on the quality of the service of our team.

The lounges of the hotel are, indeed, a very pleasant place to work in all serenity or enjoy a tea, a drink, accompanied by a soft music.

I am sorry that your transport did not expect your needs.
We offer the choice of 2 types of partners, a transport company with private drivers, booking in advance, and billing on your hotel invoice; or a taxi company with which we have priority for orders and which does not require prior reservation, guest pay directly to the driver (credit card or cash according to the driver's equipment).

We hope to see you again soon in our hotel,

Reviewed 17 September 2018

Wonderful hotel with a great ambiance, location and staff. The bed was very comfortable, location was perfect and room was spacious and perfect for a couple. We had a wonderful stay here and will return. Thank you!

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Amandine F, Directeur général at Hotel des Academies et des Arts, responded to this reviewResponded 19 September 2018

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your kind review.

I am very pleased to read you were completely enchanted by our hotel.

It is true that the location of the hotel is wonderful , in a neighbourhood full of nice and tasty restaurants and art galleries.

I am glad to see that you appreciate our staff and our rooms.

Thank you and we will be glad to welcome you again for your next Parisian trip,

Warm regards,