“Excellent alternative to hotels. One of the best...”
other travellers have booked this property
Study
Study Dining room with seating for four
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Study
Dining room with seating for four
Lounge room aspect from hall
Hall way and coat hooks
Kitchen looking back at lounge room
Kitchen
Kitchen
Kitchen aspect from lounge room
Breakfast counter
Art deco fire place & mirror
Bathroom with bath and shower
Bathroom with bath and shower
Seperate toilet
Entertainment unit
Bedroom with queensize bed and wardrobe
veiw from outside looking into lounge and kitchen
160 wide bed
storage in bedroom
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Spanish first
Any
travelper...
New York
“Excellent alternative to hotels. One of the best things we did in preparation for our trip.”
Reviewed 8 March 2015 for a stay in February 2015
people found this review helpful

I am not a fan of sites where people rent out their apartments if there is an inquiry for rent, so I almost dismissed the apartment rentals when I saw them on Tripadvisor while preparing for my trip to Paris that included and my elderly father and my 5 year old. Because I was traveling with my father and son, I thought an apartment where we can make simple meals would be the best thing for a week in Paris. I saw this advertised in the 1st and 2nd arrondissement and made an inquiry and was very honest about who was going to stay. The owner was ok with a 5 year old and my elderly father. Before choosing this apartment, I looked at a lot of the other apartments that were available. Some had ridiculous check in rules about not being able to check in before set time, and when I inquired about just storing my luggage upon early arrival, I got a response in that I should rent for additional day before, etc. which was aggravating. Also, some wanted to check with the owners to see if the owners would be in town or what not, which bothered me because I really didn't want to stay in someone's home with their belongings. Some apartments had a huge cleaning fee. So, you really have to read the fine print before you reserve and put a deposit on these apartments.

In this instance, the owner's advertisement was as stated. No one lives in the apartment. She lives abroad, so you are essentially staying at a hotel, but it happens to be a residential building which has all the amenities of a modern apartment. Di was awesome and very prompt with my numerous inquiries, which put me at ease because I got the sense that Di was genuinely interested in her guests having a great time in her apartment.

She let us arrive at the apartment early and without any fuss. The apartment is exactly as advertised. Everything is tastefully done and very new and clean. Note that apartments in Paris are not big, but that was ok with us since NYC apartments tend to be small too. In US real estate term, this apartment would be called a junior 1 bedroom. My father is a retired carpenter and plumber, and he was very impressed with how the apartment was done. He liked the sofa bed a lot because he slept soundly, and it was a very sturdy and comfortable sofa as well as bed.

We were able to do laundry, make simple meals, go out to get delicious croissants in the morning. Best of all, the apartment was close to everything. The Louvre is less than a mile away, the Opera is 1/2 mile away, and if kids are in the picture, one of the biggest toy stores (Jouet Club) is right around the corner from the apartment which was very convenient as my son and I went and got Legos every day while we were in Paris. The Pompidou Centre and Notre Dame are all within walking distance.

Supermarkets (there are 3 within the 5 block radius) are very conveniently located, and there are so many nice places to eat around the apartment.

Because our base was clean, quiet and close to everything, we had the best time. After seeing the sights and walking everywhere, it was a pleasure to come back to the apartment to relax, make coffee, and take an amazing shower with awesome water pressure. The apartment also has simple cooking ingredients like oil, salt, pepper, coffee, tea, etc.

If you are able to visit Paris, I would highly recommend this apartment. Considering how expensive Paris is, this apartment is a great value for a family because there are so many options of eating and doing laundry that can be done in the apartment as opposed to hotels.

I would love to come back and visit again, because I know that I now have a great place to stay when I am in Paris.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location and quality and price
Liked least: The walls are a little thin, but that's just how the buildings are built.
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Shaunwill...
Greater Melbourne, Australia
“Amazing, everything you could possibly want in a great part of Paris”
Reviewed 20 February 2015 for a stay in December 2014
person found this review helpful

Traveled to Paris for christmas. Really enjoyed my stay. Everything you could possibly want, beautifully designed and it was really made to feel comfortable and homely.
Just what we needed after all the walking and sightseeing.
I found all the information and assistance provided by the owner very helpful.
The apartment is in a really good part of town within walking distance to many of the great shopping areas and eateries, no matter what your budget.
All in all a great experience and I would not hesitate in recommending this place to anyone who is interested.

Your age range 35-49
Singapore
Reviewed 25 January 2015 for a stay in January 2015
people found this review helpful

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The modern and clean ambience of the apartment
Liked least: nothing - it exceeded my expectations
Travelling group: Friends
Friends getaway
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 10 December 2014 for a stay in November 2014

Liked best: location
Liked least: very thin walls - noise travelled
Friends getaway
redhead12...
holyhead
“Great apartment with walking distance of Louvre”
Reviewed 14 November 2014 for a stay in November 2014
person found this review helpful

This apartment has everything you need to enjoy your stay. Di has loads of tourist information and do take her advice on places to eat as they are simply great. The basics are in the cupboards and it looks like people leave goodies for the next guests we did. A bottle of yummy French wine is also chilled waiting for you to arrive.
Great hot water for a refreshing shower after a long day of sightseeing. And a very comfortable bed.
You wont be disappointed!!!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: very comfortable apartment Di has thought about the comfort of her guests and their needs
Liked least: everything was great
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday home? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing