“Very nice, boutique hotel”

Hotel La Tamise - Esprit de France
Ranked #9 of 1,805 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 11 September 2017

My husband and I stayed at Hotel La Tamise for two nights and had a very pleasant stay. The hotel is centrally located and that is why we chose it. It is easy to walk to the Louvre, the beautiful Jardin Tuileries, La Place Vendome, and down Le Champs-Elysees. There is very high-end shopping nearby as well.
Overall, the hotel was very small- we booked a Classic Room and only one person could walk around the bed at a time. That being said, I appreciated the separate water closet from the shower/sink area and I loved having bottled water and biscuits left in our room after turn-down service. They provided all of the toiletries you would need as well as a hairdryer (with a diffuser for all of those girls with curly hair). Our room also had a nespresso machine with everything you would need to make a quick coffee or espresso. We never had any issues with noise and slept very comfortably.
The concierge was very kind and gave us a voucher for free champagne at the bar for my husband's birthday. The breakfast was very good (we only had it one morning)- we had yogurt, muesli, fruit, coffee, and juice. They also had the option to order hot items, but we passed since the continental breakfast was big enough for us.
Overall, it's not the nicest hotel I have ever stayed at (there was some peeling wall paper in areas, and it was very small) but I think it was reasonably priced for Paris, and again, a great location.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Frédéric C, Gérant at Hotel La Tamise - Esprit de France, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2017

Dear Rebecca A,

First of all, we thank you for taking the time to write this nice review on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay in our hotel.

As you said, we are lucky with this amazing location, few steps to the Louvre Museum and the Tuileries garden.

We are sorry to hear about your disappointment about the room size and the issue with some peeling wall papers.
We have made a note of this issue you had in your room and it will be addressed, I can certainly assure you.

We hope to welcome you once again in Paris,

Reviewed 9 September 2017

I stayed at this hotel with my two year old child and we had a great stay. The staff at the hotel were amazing and went above and beyond to assist. It was 5 star treatment. I stayed in the superior room and it was enough space for the both of us. The bed was very comfortable and the room was quiet. When venturing out the staff printed out maps for me and provided suggestions on good restaurants. I had breakfast at the hotel and it was good. Lots of options. When arriving they graciously arranged to have a car pick us up (there was a separate fee) from the Eurostar station. It was nice not having to hustle to find a taxi especially when traveling with a toddler. When we left they also arranged a taxi and packed a nice box with pastries and water (it was a nice touch). They also allowed for a later check-out. They also had coloring books and crayons which my toddler enjoyed.

Pros: central to many attractions, friendly staff, decent breakfast, comfortable room and kid friendly

Cons: although the room was overall clean, I felt the shower stall in the bathroom could have used a little extra scrubbing; note that I'm not saying it was filthy but that it had spots that needed extra attention. The tub on the other hand was clean and my toddler enjoyed having baths in it. Also the restaurant was closed when I visited - this appears to be typical for August.

When I visit Paris again I will return to this hotel!

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Dear SKVW,

Thank you for writing this lovely review on trip advisor. I am delighted to read that you have had a great stay in our hotel with your family

Let me thank you for the fantastic compliments, your support and your lovely comments.

Indeed, our restaurant is closed in August so it will be a good opportunity for you to come back during the year to try also our restaurant.

We hope to welcome you and your lovely child soon in Paris,

Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

This hotel was lovely, in a great location and clean. The service was amazing. They made great recommendations and were extremely helpful. The room was beautiful but a little small. If you had a lot of luggage it will be a struggle to get organized. Otherwise it was excellent.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Kathy F,
Thank you for taking the time to write this lovely review regarding your recent stay at La Tamise hotel.

Don't hesitate to contact us directly for your next stay in Paris, to give you the opportunity to discover our different kind of rooms.

We hope to see you soon,

Reviewed 2 September 2017

We loved our Paris city break in Hotel La Tamise. We booked the summer break package directly with the hotel, which included breakfast and tickets for a cruise on the Seine. From the moment our taxi stopped at the curb, the service from the staff at La Tamise was outstanding. They suggested to take the boat cruise as it got dark; they arranged tickets for Musee D'Orsay; the restaurant suggestions were good; they packed croissant and drinks for us when heading to the airport early on our morning of departure, and they met many other needs as they arose. The rooms (we had 2 Superior rooms) were clean, modern, and adequately sized for two people - small compared with US hotel rooms, but larger than many boutique hotels rooms in Paris. It was wonderfully quiet at night, being just off the main street in a little one-way side street. The rooms included a Nespresso machine with a selection of tea and coffee and two bottles of water replenished each day. The hotel is very centrally located, and we ended up walking all over Paris, never once taking the metro or a taxi. Our family had an excellent stay.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family

Dear Bubbles_Below,
Thank you for writing this lovely review of the Tamise hotel. We are extremely thankful and delighted to read that you enjoyed your recent holiday with your family.

We thank you for your nice feedback about our team, we always try to do our best to make your stay unique. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you once again soon.

Reviewed 1 September 2017

My husband and I stayed here August of last year and couldn't have asked for a more perfect stay. The personalized and attentive service is what really makes this hotel special. The employees were so genuine and paid attention to every detail that would make your stay comfortable and memorable. They even gave us complimentary iced cappuccinos since no one had ordered them before and would be a new option to offer to their guests. They were eager to arrange dinner reservations, sightseeing and transportation for you. We purchased our tickets for the Bateaux Mouches Cruise at the hotel and highly recommend it for a relaxing way to see Paris from the Seine River.

Hotel La Tamise is also in a prime location! It is conveniently located within walking distance to the luxury shopping area of Rue St. Honore, the Tuileries Garden, the Louvre, Musee d' Orsay and Tuileries Metro Station.

The room was cozy and well appointed. Being Paris, we expected the room to be small but were pleasantly surprised with how comfortable, modern and clean it was (it was seriously spotless). We stayed in the basic room and didn't hear any noise from the street.

Upon our departure, we were given complimentary pastries and bottles of water to enjoy on our ride to the airport. The service was just extraordinary and my husband and I couldn't stop talking about how happy we were we decided to stay at Hotel La Tamise.

Room Tip: We stayed in the lowest category room and loved it!