Hotel Beausejour
US$ 284
US$ 272
Priceline
  • Bar/Lounge
Novotel Paris Centre Bercy(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$ 170
US$ 164
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 February 2010

The room I was offered was so dirty and smelly that I couldn't stay the night. It was late so I asked to see another or on a different floor. THis was the same. Both rooms had filthy carpets, unpleasant odors and badly stained paintwork and furniture. The beds were clean in both rooms (yes, I checked!!) but nothing could induce me to stay. I walked for 5 minutes and found a great hotel for my 4 day stay. It was frustrating to loose my first night deposit but it was worth it not to have to stay there.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled solo
5  Thank pacsos55
Reviewed 19 November 2008

This hotel was convenient for our stay in the 11th arrondissement since it was close to where the person we visited lived. The staff were very nice and helpful. Our room was always clean. We had an issue with an outlet in the room, and the manager was able to get the power restored very quickly without any problems. We needed to leave the hotel very early on a Saturday to catch a train to go south. We asked the night before if it would be possible to have some cafe au lait in the morning - even though it would have been before the hours they servered petit dejeuner - and they stated that was no problem. Then, the morning we departed, we overslept and needed to leave quickly without taking time to drink the cafe au lait.....as we left, the overnight manager was waiting for us with a carafe....I felt very badly that we didn't even have the time to drink it - after they were so kind as to make it especially for us! I never got to say thank you to them for that, so I will now - Thank you! I would stay here again and recommend it to others as well. It was a very nice little hotel!

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with friends
1  Thank screen_8
Reviewed 1 November 2008

I stayed at beausejour for 8 night with my fiance in october 2008, nice place, friendly and professional staff (except for the young guy who works at night and who's not french).
The location is very good, 2 minutes to the Parmentier metro and 7 to Oberkampf station. There are two boulageries on Parmentier street with great croissant and sandwiches and a little shop where you can buy tasty and fresh raspberry and strawberry.
Rooms are very small, very usual in Paris, but unusual is the fact that they don't have closets in the rooms, so you have to make sure you have enough hangers in your room.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank est1vest2
Reviewed 3 May 2008

Recently renovated, clean and tidy. Not terribly spacious, but adequate. The rooms on the street side have tight windows, so noise is no problem. The only drawback: no fresh air. This was ok in April, but might be more annoying in summer. The staff were most hospitable and helpful!

Note: in the reviews, this Hotel sometimes gets confused with the Hotel Beauséjour Montmartre.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank hafuff
Reviewed 28 April 2008

I stayed here with my boyfriend over the weekend, it was our first trip to Paris and so we took a while to choose the hotel. We were not disappointed. The room was avery decent size (something quite unusual in Paris so I am told). The decor was a little dated, especially in the bathroom, but it I would prefer cleanliness over style which this hotel definitely delivered! I have to agree with some of the reviews that there was a musty smell on arrival, but we had booked a superior room which had a gorgeous big window which over looked the courtyard. We opened the window for five minutes to air the room and the smell did not seem to return.

The location was very good too, there was a tube about 3 minutes away which took you wherever you needed to go. Monmartre and the Moulin Rouge were all within easy walking distance and there was an abundance of decent reasonable priced restaurants within walking distance.

All in all we had a great time, Paris is wonderful and it was nice to stay somewhere quiet and well looked after. This hotel is worth the money, you are not paying for the 5* so don't expect it!!

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)