“Christmas in Paris”

Ranked #411 of 1,796 Hotels in Paris
Columbus, Ohio
“Christmas in Paris”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

I was not surprised that the location of the Westin can't be better in Paris. I was surprised by how warmly we were treated as English speaking tourists. The entire staff was very friendly and very courteous.

The junior suite was a good sized, comfortable room. (I was traveling with my wife and 12 year old son for Christmas).

We loved our stay and would recommed this hotel to any English speaking tourists.

Room Tip: The courtyard view junior suite was very nice.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
abraham_foucherot, Assistant front office manager at The Westin Paris - Vendome, responded to this review, 5 May 2012
Dear KublaC,

thank you for your nice review and for the comments on our staff.

I am glad you enjoyed your Christmas trip in family with us!
Hope you had a chance to try the hot wine and ginger bread on our Christmas market :)

Best regards,
Abraham
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (746)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Boston, MA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2012

I stayed at the Westin Paris Vendome in March. The air conditioning was broken the entire time I was in my room - and it was HOT (!!!) . Multiple attempts to get the hotel to look at it (never mind actually fix it) went unanswered. The front desk would claim that someone would come and look at it, but no one ever showed up and then when I'd go to the front desk again and ask for a manager this time I'd get the same response and no one would show up again. The hotel was full so I couldn't change rooms. It was impossible to sleep because of the heat and the noise from the traffic on the street leading to place Vendome.

After 2 days of this, I checked out only to find that the hotel had added many extra charges to my bill for calling a toll free number in France. The connection charge for just one of these was $50 (US) and I had a bunch of them! When I asked what these charges were for they said that there is a tiny piece of paper in the desk that explained the hotel phone charge policy. I told them there was no card in my room and even if there was there was no reason the hotel should be charging $50 per call to connect to a free number. After complaining to the manager, the hotel did adjust the bill down to about $30 per call I still wasn't happy and the hotel finally said "thats the best we can do". The location of this hotel is quite good (near the Louvre) and the hotel is clearly just ripping off tourists that likely won't be back again for long time so they don't care if you are unhappy or not.

As a Starwood Gold member I received a request for feedback on my stay at the hotel after I returned home. Like I am doing in this review, I gave them poor scores. Within a few days the general manager of the hotel sent me an email asking me why I rated them so poorly. I sent them the same review I am writing here. You know what the response back was? Nothing. So apparently if you are a Starwood Gold member and in theory a valued customer, when you send in feedback they still don't even care enough to reply "We're sorry" or make up some reason for their poor performance.

By the way, the internet service in this hotel is terrible. The hotel isn't suitable for business travelers. If you're on business (like I was) go somewhere else or you will be extremely unhappy.

Room Tip: If you want a nice room go to another hotel.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank fincanorte
princeton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2012

This hotel is centrally located, with a lovely lobby and fine service from the English speaking staff.
This hotel on the Rue de Rivoli is across the street from The Louvre and Tuileries Gardens. A Metro station is very close too.
Our room was quite small, but this is to be expected in Europe, even
at the pricier hotels, but the bathroom was large. Our room had double door windows that were part of the charming mansard roof, over looking the atrium lobby. The bed and pillows were very comfortable, and we enjoyed
our dinner at the hotels purple and plush restaurant.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Kerri d,

thank you for your nice review about your recent stay.

Happy to learn you enjoyed the comfy Heavenly Beds as well as the atmosphere and food at Le First, our restaurant boudoir.

thank you also for the nice comments about the service delivered by our teams.

Best regards,
Portland, Maine
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2012

Big rooms in Paris are hard to come by, and the Westin Paris/Vendome is no exception. While the upper floors offer better views, I was told by another guest that their room, facing the main street, was very noisy. Also heard that the lower floors, where we stayed, had been renovated, while the upper floors had not. Our room, a deluxe on the first, had tall ceilings and gave the illusion of more space. We were able to get a rollaway bed in -- barely. Location of this hotel cannot be beat. Short walk to the Louvre, l'Opera and dozens of great shops and restaurants.

Room Tip: Skip the Eiffel Tower view from your room for something quieter. You'll admire the view for five...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Dear Mainescape,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience when staying with us.

I am glad to see you enjoyed your stay with us. As we do have a large variety of rooms and suites on offer at the westin, I usually recommend our guests to contact us prior to their stay, in order we ensure to select the perfect room to suit their needs.

For information the hotel has been fully renovated in 2006 and we have an ongoing maintenance program for all our rooms.

Trust to have the pleasure to welcome you back next time travel brings you back to Paris,

Kind regards,
park city utah
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2012

The Westin Paris Vendome is a good choice if you want to be close to very expensive shopping and you want a staff that will speak english. The beds are super comfy and the room was super tiny. It is always interesting to me that the more expensive the hotel the more you will pay for any additional services, like internet. If you want a "American Experience" hotel in Paris then this is good choice (you may be dissapointed at the size of the room-but it will be super clean). I liked the fact that the windows open and you can watch the activity on the street. This is also a good choice if you are only staying one night because the smaller more interesting hotels usually require a 2-3 minimum. We were staying one night on a return to Paris to catch a flight and wanted to try a different neighborhood than where we usually stay.

Room Tip: Spend a lot of money.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Pub2
Dear Pub2,

thank you for youtaking the time to post your review.

Good to see you enjoyed our comfy famous Heavenly Beds! We know how important it is to have a good rest before a long flight!

I am disappointed you were note quite impressed by your allocated room. I would only suggest you contact us prior to arrival next time, as we do have a large variety of rooms and suites on offer at the westin.

Looking forward to welcoming you back next time coming to Paris!

Kind regards,