“Amazing afternoon!!”
Review of Le Foodist

Le Foodist
Ranked #2 of 164 Classes & Workshops in Paris
More attraction details
Owner description: Located in central Paris, we offer French Cooking Classes, Market Visits, Patisserie Classes, Wine & Cheese Tastings and Hosted Gastronomic dining. All our events are in ENGLISH! Our experiences are unique as they not only involve intense tasting but also sharing fun and surprising stories to discover FRENCH CULTURE through FOOD.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

My teenage daughter and I signed up for this class during our family vacation. Chef Hugo worked with our group to make macarons. Class exceeded our expectations!! Hugo was warm, enthusiastic, and engaging. We both loved the hands on experience, and the attention to detail and time Hugo took to answer our questions. I just wished we had signed up for an additional class or two. Great experience with my daughter, it made for a lot of fun memories together. Worth skipping an extra museum or monument trip to take a class.

Thanks LeFoodist and Chef Hugo!!! We can't wait to make macarons this weekend at home.

fredpouillot, Owner at Le Foodist, responded to this reviewResponded 11 April 2018

Bonjour TKMichigan,

I am happy your class with Hugo learning how to make macarons exceeded your expectations. And I assume you had high expectations :-) Indeed all our classes are hands-on, thank you for highlighting it, and we spend a good part of our classes addressing questions, showing and sharing tips and tricks so you can reproduce what you learned at home.

It is not too late to plan coming back to Paris, so you can sign-up for an additional class or two: from croissants to baguette through profiteroles and chocolate eclairs, or French desserts where you learn Crème Brûlée, Crêpes Suzette and Chocolate Soufflé, there is plenty to choose from :-)

Let us know how it goes when you make macarons at home!

Many merci

"cooking experience"
in 35 reviews
"salmon tartare"
in 21 reviews
"wine and cheese pairing"
in 18 reviews
in 12 reviews
"croissant making class"
in 14 reviews

Reviewed 5 April 2018

What an amazing day this was for our entire family. Chef Fred treated us to a once in a lifetime experience. We would do it again in a heartbeat. Chef Fred is so knowledgeable and affable, 7 hours flew by! If you're in Paris and you don't make a point of checking this out, you're doing it wrong. Merci beaucoup!!! What are we cooking next, Chef?

- Don Cheadle and fam

Bonjour dknow11,

well - with such an enthusiastic review, we just can not wait to have you back! And make it a twice in a lifetime experience :-)

Many merci for the compliments, and we hope to see you back at Le Foodist soon!

Cheers

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

My mom, sister, and I recently spent the day cooking up a storm at Le Foodist and it was one of the highlights of our week in Paris!

Frédéric made the class so fun and personal. The food was phenomenal and the wine was perfect as well!

Everyone in our class had a fantastic time and we all left learning something new!

Thanks for a wonderful experience that we will remember forever!

1  Thank Kasimira H

Bonjour Kasimira H,

I am so happy to read you enjoyed so much your experience with Frédéric - along with the wine, the learning experience and the other people in the class.

It is wonderful to know you will have a memory of your experience at Le Foodist for ever, really.

Mille merci!

Reviewed 4 April 2018

I recently took a Macaron class at Le Foodist. The location is perfect and the place is absolutely beautiful. What a gem! The class was taught by the talented Florence (in English) and it was such a fun experience. We made Macarons and fillings from scratch. Florence was so informative and taught us so much along the way. I highly recommend signing up for a class, it will take your Paris experience to the next level.

Bonjour nz15713,

thank you for highlighting the ease of access to our location - 10 minutes walk from Notre Dame, 100 meters from Cardinal Lemoine metro stop. And how much you liked it as well :-)

I am glad you had such a fun experience learning with Florence how to make macarons from scratch. And I agree that taking a cooking class while traveling - whether in Paris or anywhere elses - is a great way to enhance your experience of the local culture.

Of course, we think doing it at Le Foodist is even better ;-)

Merci beaucoup!

See more reviews
Reviewed 3 April 2018

My friend and I took the morning market visit and cooking class and had a great time. From the coffee and croissant welcome, the creamy Brillat-Savarin at the market, to the spontaneous meringues to accompany our dessert. It was an awesome experience. In addition to putting together ingredients to create delicious food, I liked how the students were involved in the preparation from start to finish, unlike some other classes I've taken where the prep is already completed - a nice way to practice/learn techniques. Chef Jean was knowledgeable and humorous and it was fun getting to know the other students. If you are looking for a cooking class in Paris, I would highly recommend Le Foodist.

Bonjour Raquel97123,

many thanks for your high recommendation!

I am glad you enjoyed your experience with Chef Jean, learning how to prepare some delicious food from start to finish. And I am also very happy you had a great time at the market as well and meeting the other students. Indeed thank you for highlighting that all our classes are hands-on; we believe it is really the only way to learn techniques: through practice.

I hope we will get to welcome you again in the future :-)