Hotel Agora
US$ 310
US$ 286
Trip.com
  • Fitness centre
All reviewschatelet les hallesgreat locationaround the cornerlatin quarterrer b traincharles de gaulle airportthe ground floorby paris standardsrooms are smallst germainliftseineeurope
Reviewed 16 September 2017

Me and my wife has spent in this hotel four nights. Generally we have a good memories from this stay. Mainly because of very good location, clean rooms and nice guys in reception. In our opinion hotel has good value for money

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sławomir B
Reviewed 21 August 2017

My partner and I along with two friends stayed at the Hotel Agora over the weekend. We stayed in two rooms with two beds on different floors. I was initially put off by the black mold in the shower and the hair on the floor but brushed it off. After one night two of us woke up with a few mosquito bite looking marks on our necks and arms, and again we just brushed it off as a rogue mosquito/ spider. However the second morning we all woke up fully covered in bright red itchy bites.

I'm not fussy and I didn't expect this hotel to have lavish amenities or anything of the sort, but now I have to go to work looking like I have measles, treat all my clothes and suitcases for fleas, and buy topical products for the bites. As we were spread out in different beds, floors, and rooms, it clearly is an issue throughout the hotel. I am totally disgusted and it ruined our holiday-- by far an away my worst hotel experience to date.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
4  Thank MKWoods13
Reviewed 16 August 2017

If you like the night life, this is a good hotel as there are many cafes, bars, and places to meet and hang out. If not, the area around it is very noisy until 2-3 am. There are many stores nearby for shopping and lots of other places to dine. Not a good hotel if you have limited mobility or need room; you have to climb stairs to get to the 1st floor reception area to check in. The rooms are on the next floor and higher. The elevator to get to these other floors was the smallest I'd ever seen. Enough for 2 people with their suitcases stacked on top of each other. The rooms are quite small and the showers are so tiny you can't bend over, seriously. They made good use of what space they had.

We had a problem with some bugs in one room so they moved us to another room. It's a comfortable place but due to their size, the rooms are more for sleeping and not hanging out in.

Other issue is the windows do open but there is no way to prop them so you either have to open them all the way or you close them. If you need privacy in the bathroom, you have to close the windows.

Conveniently located near a major RER/M city transit hub so getting to the airport or other locations is easier. I probably wouldn't stay there again as there are other places around there but I don't regret our stay. Wifi was spotty and at times, extremely slow and almost useless.

Room Tip: There is a night life in the area so not a good place if you want peace & quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Bay_Area_Jamie
Reviewed 9 May 2017 via mobile

Hotel in a walking area. No cars. Noise almost all night. Talking, walking, music, you name it. Room itty bitty. Must walk one flight to get to lift. Lift only big enough for one person. Shower very small opening. You overweight by more than 100 lbs you won't be able to squeeze into it. Hotel very close to good restaurants and the train station. Price good enough.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tracy S
Reviewed 12 April 2017 via mobile

This is a small, quite typical Paris hotel in old-fashioned style. The rooms are rather small but have everything what is really needed if your plan is to visit the city rather than enjoy the hotel itself. The issue is with the elevator which starts from the first floor and you need to handle the luggage upstairs from the ground floor.
The location is, however, one of the best you can have in Paris. Around, you have a lot of restaurants, bars, shopping center, 2 minutes to the railway hub of Chatelet - Les Halles.
Finally, the price is nice, having in mind all the pluses and minuses.
I think I will choose this hotel the second time.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple