1,346 results
All reviews latin quarter notre dame croissants great location single room saint michel boiled eggs cluny museum heart of paris rer b rer station left bank your doorstep charming hotel stay there again breakfast was included plenty of hot water
Reviewed 21 May 2010

The first night we had room 26 which faces the street and the noise was deafening. Unfortunately we weren't able to switch rooms until the next day, so no sleep. Also there was a smell that was something like oil paint and bug spray mixed in with sewer smell. The next room, number 39, was in the back so it was very quiet...until the family with the screaming kid moved in next door. But that SMELL!! This time it was very definitely coming from the open drains in the bathroom and it smelled like that old sewer smell you get sometimes in the city. It was so strong it was nauseating. But it was a holiday weekend and trying to find another place was too difficult so we stuck it out. The good thing about this place is the location. It is one block from the Seine and a 10 minute walk to Notre Dame. The rooms were clean but the carpet and furnishings are very old. And with the exception of one night manager the staff was all surly and ready to bite your head off. Not a pleasant experience. I should have known when this place was available when all others were not.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hudi
Reviewed 11 May 2010

We stayed 5 nights in Paris at Hotel du Levant. It had a great location in the heart of the vibrant Latin Quarter. The hotel was quaint and very clean. Our 2-suite room was reasonable for Paris at 300 euro per night. We had an inner room so street noise was not a problem at all. We were within walking distance of many great sites, and had some excellent and reasonably-priced restaurants across the street. We also had many access points to the Metro. The hotel provides a simple, yet filling breakfast of coffee, juice, toast, hard-boiled eggs, ham, cheese, and fruit which gives you a great start to the day. I would definitely recommend this hotel to other couples and families visiting Paris.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 May 2010

This was the second time we went to Hotel du Levant. We love it here. Other times in Paris we had to use the metro a lot but if you stay here you can walk to most of the attractions. It is minutes away from the great shopping area St Germain, just across the bridge from the Notre Dame and minutes from the Louvre and Rue de Rivoli.
The hotel itself is good value, we had a family room which worked out fine for us. The breakfast is complimentary and has croissants, french bread, eggs, ham, cheese, juice and tea, coffee or hot chocolate. There is wireless internet in the room. In the street there are many restaurants but also really good restaurants within walking distance. There are 2 Starbucks just around the corner, and the metro and RER are around the corner aswell. We parked our car in the parking garage under the Notre Dame. There is enough space and the rate wasn't so high (compared to the rates in Amsterdam!). Our next time in Paris we will defenitely stay here again!

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 April 2010

This charming hotel is ideally located to use RER to and from CDG airport, and walking to all the sites of Paris. As a female solo traveler, I felt perfectly safe. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. Morning breakfast was a treat. In addition, the hotel is literally surrounded by a multitude of restaurants.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 March 2010

I've stayed in this hotel about four times, in the middle of summer and the middle of winter. The single rooms are cozy (European small) and they, and the bathrooms, are modern and very nice. In fact, each time but once, I had the same room - which made me very happy. I've stayed in 2 star to 4L star hotels in Paris and this one is the best value. Each time that I visited Paris (now about 25-30 times) I searched for new, good value hotels. My search is over. I now stay at this hotel only and if it is sold out, I change my dates. Single rooms must be booked well in advance.

The breakfast is simple, but it is free. The rooms have good wireless Internet and it is FREE too! I've arrived early in the day, late at night, left very early, and I have never had any problem with my check-in or check-out, billing issues, room servicing, staff issues, etc. The front desk staff always greeted me with a smile and were ALWAYS very helpful to both me and other guests.

One of the best things about this hotel is that it is located on the RER which is the direct rail line to Charles de Gaulle Airport. In the area are many restaurants, inexpensive concerts in beautiful churches, tourist shops, and bookstores. It is a 5 minute walk to the Seine River, about 7 minutes walk to Notre Dame. On nice days, it is a pleasant and safe stroll to the Grand Boulevards area. The Louvre is also a nice 20 minute or so walk. It is truly in the heart of Paris.

I was in the travel industry for nearly 30 years, and this hotel has been my first choice for Paris since I first stayed there about 2 years ago.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled solo