“Great=boutique hotel”

Ranked #596 of 1,798 Hotels in Paris
Chicago, Illinois
“Great=boutique hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2012

This hotel was a great location and great price, got it on travel zoo. Small elevator, very small .... Small room but great location.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Turkish first
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2012

My boyfriend took me to Paris for a romantic birthday/valentines break in 2011 and we stayed at Mon Hotel for 4 nights.
While the location was great, staff very friendly and lobby and bar chic, unfortunately our "deluxe" room left a little to be desired. The hotel positions itself as a four star boutique, but our room on the very top floor of the hotel had paint peeling from the doors with damp/mould in the ensuite bathroom. I would get on with this if we had chosen to stay in more budget concious accomdation,but given my experience in other 4 star hotels along with the rates this hotel commands we were disappointed to have to raise our issues with the reception. Unfortunately this has put me off staying at Mon Hotel again, as I believe a higher standard can be found for a similar price.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Ruth C
MarieTrouiller, Directeur général at MonHotel Lounge & Spa, responded to this review, 19 January 2012
Dear Ruth,

I would like to thank you for your comment.
All the comments, positive or negative, help us every day to improve our service and satisfy our clients.

We were fully booked during St Valentine day last year and we had a water seepage from the rooftop. The bathroom ceiling paintings were blistered in your room. So we decided to put this rooms out of order and offered you an alternative similar hotel in the surrounding. Then you thought it was an overbooking problem and asked us to check by yourself the mistake in your room. Eventually you decided to stay in the room and refused all the alternative hotels we offered you.

Upon check out, you mentioned you were shocked by the grey joints. The hotel designer choose grey joints just because the Deluxe bathroom marble is grey.
Nevertheless we changed all the joints in the Deluxe bathrooms with white ones.

I hope I will get the chance to change you mind for a future stay in Paris.

Best regards,

Marie Trouiller
Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2012

Mon Hotel is a small boutique hotel next to the Argentine underground station and a short walk from the Arc de Triomphe and Champs-Élysées. The hotel has a very stylish interior, with dark and warm colors. There is a small gym and sauna in the basement too. I enjoyed the stay very much and will definitely be back next time I am in Paris.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2011

Pleasantly surprised by the room size, decor was chic and modern, dark red hues and dark wood floors, got a great deal on jetsetter on the room and given the location next to the Arc, the service, the amazing tub and rain shower, the super comfy bed...can't imagine staying anywhere else unless I got upgraded to the ritz for free. Loved it!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank Crissy10001
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2011

OK, I admit it - I'm not a big fan of Paris. It's probably my own fault because I don't speak the French or know the city very well, but when I was asked to arrange my own hotels for a 3-day business trip to Paris I wasn't entirely optimistic - I had no idea where was a good place to say and the 2 worst hotel experiences I've ever had were both in Paris. Hmm.

So after some research, I booked Mon Hotel - reviews and the website looked good, but for €130/night, honestly, I didn't hold out a lot of hope. But, happily, I was quite wrong...

On arrival, the location was great. 2 minutes from the Arc de Triomphe and 5 minutes from Champs Elysee. OK, it was a 45-minute, €50 cab ride from Gare du Nord (I arrived on Eurostar from London), but hey, this is Paris traffic we're talking about...
Check-in was great too - a low-lit lobby with appropriately cool furnishing started things off well and superb service and a friendly feeling from the start completed the picture nicely - they even correctly guessed who I was. Getting into my room didn't disappoint either. I was in a Superior and it was excellent - cool decor (B&W photos on the grey suede walls - nice), an Eames chair (reproduction, presumably) at the desk, a very clean, big comfy bed, Loewe TV, JBL iPod dock and a funky, clean, big bathroom complete with fluffy bathrobes and slippers behind the door. It was relatively small, but this is how hotel rooms in Paris are - perfectly reasonable though in terms of size (better than I expected), and even space for my suitcase (a rarity in cities that have small hotel rooms). Free WiFi too. All good.

Outside the room, things were equally superb - the bar was cool, vibey and served great drinks with good, friendly service. Bossanova versions of 80's hits as the background music? Yes please.
From start to finish, the service here was excellent - the small (numbers, not size!) staff gave the attention and quality of service that really makes a boutique hotel stand out from a nicely decorated hotel, with everything from helping book cars and cabs to offering advice on where to go being done with a touch that made me feel they actually cared. In my experience, this is rare - and good.

I have only 3 minor-ish negatives: first, the AC in my room was a challenge - I never managed to get it below hot; second, breakfast was good but expensive (€22), but again - it's Paris; and third, despite leaving the 'do not disturb' sign on my door when I left the first day, I got back and my room had been serviced. Not the end of the world, but worth knowing...

A final note regarding location - if you want the dead centre of Paris tourist spots, maybe this isn't ideal (it's kind of on the edge of the busy stuff). But it's 5-minutes walk from the Champs Elysee and Arc de Triomphe and in an extremely pleasant, quiet street. Personally, exactly what I want - close enough, but not in the middle of it all.
And to get to CDG airport was easy - 30 minutes and €60 (leaving at 5:30am).

Overall, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel and will definitely stay here again when I have to come back to Paris. This is a very, very good hotel at a reasonable price somewhere it's easy to book a very, very bad hotel at a high price. Area, rooms, service, vibe, price - all excellent.
Don't be fooled by it's low ranking on TripAdvisor - it's fantastic.

Strangely, I'm starting to like Paris...

Room Tip: Superior rooms are a little larger than standard rooms, but still relatively small (this is how it i...