“Some basic things missing...”

Hotel Liege Strasbourg
Ranked #1,514 of 1,809 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 9 October 2011

good localization (near from Gare du Nord and also from Gare d'Est), but the room does not answer expectations... we did not have a towel available!!! Also we did not have air conditioning (and it was very hot that day). Breakfast was not soo good, very few options, and coffe and milk were cold. Few options of bread (1, if I can well remember)... I have been in Picpus hotel, and the price was the same but the hotel was much better!
We wanted to pay for internet (one hour) and they did not have this available - we had to go to another place to use internet.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank RosaSaoPaulo_Brazil

Reviewed 4 July 2011

Please read the reviews before booking this hotel!
The worst experience ever! Very dirty and is situated in a very bad area that we were afraid to walk around.
Service was very poor and breakfast was the same every day! We simply hated it .
Absolutely overpriced for the sevice!
Terrible experince.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank slavkolesya
Reviewed 29 June 2011

After all the bad reviews I actually thought the hotel was fine as a cheap, budget hotel - it felt safe, was clean, staff were friendly enough and everything in my room worked. Breakfast was fairly avergae for a low budget French hotel in my experience - no worse, no better than the far superior hotel that I'd just checked out from in Eastern France(although the dining area was more dismal!).

But the price I paid for a single occupancy room (125 Euros) meant the hotel was poor value for money. Location was great for me having an enforced overnight stay in between train journeys as its a few minutes walk to both Gare D'Est (where I arrived) and Gare du Nord (where I departed). I can see that the area could be seen as quite scary but I had a fabuilous night wandering (alone) in the nearby streets on mid-summer night listening to music spilling out onto the paverments from all corners of the world. We had Bangladeshi heavy metal, Afro-cuban beats, a Manic Street Preachers sound-alike, a rapper from Mauritiaus, pan pipes from South America and Irish fiddle playing - all within a square kilometre of the hotel. Everyone I encountered during this after-dinner stroll was really friendly - the local residents obviously know how to enjpy themselves on Paris' Fete de la Musique!

I'm glad I hadn't read the reviews recounting muggings in the areas as I doubt I would have ventured out at night and would have missed all this amazing, quite unique range of diversity and musical entertainment.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 June 2011

Help !!!! The worst party about the hotel besides being dirty were the bed bugs. My daughter and I have a few hundert bites covering our bodies. After we changed the room we got infested with scabies. This place has very dirty, bed spread and balankets look like they have never been washed. The pillow is a roll that is covered with the sheet exposing the matress when you move. The wall paper was peeling and mold allover the bathroom. Filth dirty place.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 May 2011

I've recently come back from staying at this hotel with a large group of 23. when we first got there we were very pleased with the hotels, the mattresses were recently new, the television was brand new and the bathroom was spotless. The breakfast was basic but the coffee was lovely! ha, the beds weren't changed for the 3 nights we stayed but the towels were changed. The staff at the hotel were lovely, when the water vending machine was broken, the man at reception actually went in his own cupboards and sold us big 1 litre bottles of water, so it goes to show they look after you. Felt really safe in the hotel. The only downfall was the location, it seriously is the 'ghetto' in Paris, we witnessed people getting mugged, harassed and it was genuinely scary. I felt intimidated and unsafe while out on the streets. I nearly got mugged in the metro station, as a man was trying to get in my bag, luckily he couldn't get it open. There were undesirables hanging outside the hotel door but they never bothered us. Also, it was quite warm while we were there, so we had the windows slightly open all night, very hard to get sleep, very noisy with traffic and people around the streets. Overall the hotel was lovely but the location wasn't, would not go there again, would stay in main Paris instead next time.

• Stayed: May 2011