See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 18 May 2017

The hotel is undergoing some renovations. I was a bit surprised when we arrived that the hallways all had this strange wallpaper with dogs and goats wearing cowboy hats and carrying pitchforks. But our room was lovely - bright, clean, good sized bathroom. It was a very affordable price. Friendly staff. and clean modern room.

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 May 2011

This place is a complete dump... Paint is peeling, the rooms are tiny and the stairs are rickety. The staff is unfriendly, rude, and unhelpful. Their internet was down and they told me to go to McDonalds. It was so bad that I left early. Do not go here if you want a decent stay or to be treated nicely.

Date of stay: May 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
6  Thank sk8ro1
Reviewed 19 July 2010

I stayed at the Hotel Cecil as part of a college tour. When we walked into our room, the curtains were falling off, the carpet had stains all over it, and the beds were absolutely gross!! When we thought it couldn't get any worse, the shower actually had mold in it! Our room was located on the 4th floor, so obviously we weren't going to walk down the spiral staircase. One night while my friend and I were going into the elevator, we got STUCK in between floors for 2 HOURS!!! I suppose it didn't help that none of the emergency buttons worked in the elevator and had no air circulation. Finally when someone found us, the guy at the front desk blamed us for making the elevator break. The hotel never even apologized or asked if we were okay. After that whole ordeal, the night when we were about to take showers, we realized that they put our dirty towels back on the rack. When I walked down to the front desk and asked for new towels, the guy was once again very rude and said I couldn't get new ones until the next day. We went two days before they would give us new towels. THIS HOTEL IS A JOKE!!!!

Date of stay: May 2010
6  Thank ClassyTraveler09
Reviewed 16 July 2010

I had to stay at this hotel due to being part of a tour group and it was THEE worst hotel I have ever laid eyes on. A hostel is nicer than this place. The front reception are very rude and are not at all helpful. The rooms are disgusting and the shower is a cubby whole. i refused to go barefoot in the shower or the bedroom. The breakfast is a joke and the 'lobby' makes me feel as if bugs are crawling all over me. Just stay away as if your life depended on it.

Date of stay: June 2010
4  Thank brokenwingsx2x
Reviewed 4 June 2010

An absolute nightmare of a hotel--dirty, broken/mismatched furnishings in every room and the lobby, surly service, noisy, poor breakfast, etc., etc. Go somewhere else. As one in my group said, " That hotel is a disgrace."

Date of stay: May 2010