See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 3 October 2009

The location was actually a good one, real close to 3 different metro stations and also 2 minutes walk from the Grand Boulevards (plenty of shops, restaurants, cafes and bars). Breakfast was really ok too. Besides these facts, it was a pretty [--], old and dirty whole. The bathroom was hideous, you could really see the microbiology going on there without a microscope. They also didn't have a place to lock the luggage (after the check out) or a restroom in the lobby!
Enjoy.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank honorbak
Reviewed 11 October 2008

Having recently stayed and Hôtel Cécil 7-9 rue du Conservatoire 75009 Paris. The hotel is well situated to visit all the main attractions in Paris, howere DO NOT EXCEPT ROOM 45 it is a small - no a very small room - or should that read a cubby whole, of a room, there is a doubble and single bed in the same, the bathroom walls were covered in mould due to the fact ther is no vetilation system one of the rooms windows could not be closed shut and the TV had seen better days

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank thealchemist101
Reviewed 17 August 2008

When me and my friends stayed at this hotel we thought it was ok. Unlike some of the other reviews, our bathroom and TV worked perfectly fine. The beds were not the most comfortable as judging by the nights we spent there, they were old and needed replacing. One of my friend's bed actually dipped in the middle and needless to say, she didn't always have the most comfortable of sleeps. Having said that, on the whole the beds were OK and did the job.

The rooms are small and four people were squashed into a room which ordinarily should have had one double bed or two singles. We still had enough room for our luggage though and it wasn't as much as a squeeze as some of the other reviewers. Perhaps it is because we got a corner room (judging from the photos of the hotels it would have been one of the rooms above the hotel entrance). Also brace yourself for the church bells, they are loud and ring for what seem like hours in the morning. Though this shouldn't be a problem as I am sure most will be starting their day and getting out to explore Paris.

The breakfast was again just fine, it was a typical continental breakfast which was just enough to get us going in the morning ready for a day out. I don't think they served evening food but we ate out every night anyway seeing as it was quite cheap and there are plenty of brasseries in the local area.

Cleanliness wasn't too much of an issue but the hotel is old and I think a bit of TLC and more upkeep would improve this. The staff were OK and I found them neither pleasant or unpleasant. Sort of neutral I guess however I agree with one of the other reviewers that there English was not so good so expect to speak lots of French but that is to be expected really no?

I think for a 2* hotel it was acceptable but they really need to get their priorities right and sort out their beds, after all that is the most important part of being a hotel!

I don't think I would use this hotel again as it wasn't the most comfortable stay...but it did the job.

• Stayed: February 2007
    • Check-in / front desk
Reviewed 14 October 2007

I thought it was alright.......alright being a bit of an over exageration.
The tiles in the bathroom were cracked, there was no door handle on the bathroom, one of the party members i was with got locked in the toilet because the lock was dodgy. The television had no working channels. There were three beds in our room, (one double, two singles), you couldn't sit on the end of the double because if you did the bed leg would buckle and break off. We had to put the leg back on numerous times.
At breakfast the options of what to eat were very limited. Ranging from Cornflakes and Croissants, to cornflakes and croissants. To drink there was Orange juice, there may have been coffee and tea. I don't know what the evening meals were like, if there were any, as we went out and ate elsewhere.
Not recomended.

Stayed: July 2007
1  Thank beautiful_lie
Reviewed 29 January 2007

the beds were comfortable apart from the fact that one of four of the beds squeaked all night, there were someone elses pubic hairs in the bath, the shower was freezing and trickled out.. there was no bowls for cereal... but apart from that it was ok because we were only there for a weekend and we didnt really spend much time there..only at night and it was only a 2 star so it was alright

Stayed: January 2007