All reviews free wifi close to the train station eiffel tower very clean hotel tourist sites recommend this hotel hot water croissants shower street receptionist
Reviewed 28 August 2017 via mobile

The hotel is in a good location between Metro stations and has very good wifi and aircon and a friendly man on the front desk.

However we found more negatives than good.

The corridor is very narrow with no windows- like being on a ship. Our room and bathroom was tiny. The safe didn't work so we had to use a deposit box in the cellar which wasn't very convenient. The maid didn't replenish the tea and coffee in the room on any of our 4 nights.

Breakfast is very confusing as there are different prices depending on what you have. The instructions are not well displayed and the lady did not speak good English. It's not value for money and after one breakfast we went to the many cafes nearby.

We have never stayed at such a small Best Western before and wouldn't recommend this one to others.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
sevres, Public Relations Manager at Best Western Sevres Montparnasse, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2017

Dear customer, we are sorry to have disappointed you, and will forward your remarks to the staff, to improve the service. Thanking you for your visit and hoping to see you again in one of the Best Western hotels.

Reviewed 14 August 2017

Positives:
-Upon check-in we were able to get our room earlier than the stated check-in time. The front staff was super friendly took the time to explain to us the city map tourist sites, and how to get there by foot or metro (cost, tickets, etc). We were explained that our room was paid for and all we had to pay was the city tax upon check-out. Unfortunately it was raining, but the front staff lent us an umbrella to use during out time.
-Upon entering our room, it was clean and tidy, the size of the room was good for being in Paris and hearing how small the living spaces were. The shower was wonderful and had hot water.
-We were located on the top floor so it was quiet at night(our stay was during the weekday).
-Wifi was free and included and easy to access and use during our time there. In getting a shuttle for return to the airport, the staff was quickly able to help book our transport for a very reasonable price within minutes of my request for shuttle service.

Negatives:
While everything else was great, my only complaint would be that upon check-out, we were told that we had to pay for our hotel which was previously paid for. I tried multiple times to explain to the front staff that it was paid for, pulled up my credit card charges, pulled out my confirmation of payment through the site I booked with, and even told him that we were told by another front staff that our room was paid for upon check-in. We got into a long disagreement back and forth. Finally after a long disagreement he pulled out his papers, one with my name, looked me up on his computer and admitted he was at fault. What made the difference? I do not know, but the incident shouldn't have happened. This incident left an unpleasant feeling for me (unorganized? training opportunity? I do not know).

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2017

This hotel seems to have all the qualities when looking at the offer
Unfortunately, it is not the case!!
The lobby is small, the staff hardly available but still efficient !!
I have never seen such a small room of my life for a 4 star hotel.
The bathroom is of the same style, I think even difficult to access for people a little bit corpulent
I do not recommend this hotel which really gives a bad image of 4 star hotels in France. In summary bedroom and bathroom tiny !! and no parking you have to park in the street as the public park are fareaway!

Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
sevres, Manager at Best Western Sevres Montparnasse, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2017

Dear customer, we are sorry to have disappointed you, in Paris the floor areas in old houses like ours are smaller that in new buildings . Thanking you for your visit and hoping to see you again in one of the Best Western hôtels, we wish you a wonderful time.

Reviewed 26 May 2017 via mobile

It is very nice hotel, small rooms but it is something typically for Paris. Good breakfast with ham, omlette, croissants, cheese, juices, different type of bread, coffee, fruits, nuttella and other stuff... very clean room, everyday they changed our towels, bed very comfortable, very close to metro station (Pasteur and Falguiére). It is true that you can hear the metro in your room but there is no problem in the night. Staff very friendly and helpful.
Strongly recommend!

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 May 2017 via mobile

This is just my opinion.
The hotel is friendly and helpful.
All staff polite.
Rooms we had was small but clean, for the amount of time we spent in it, it was perfect. Shower was hot and powerful
Good location for seeing Paris
One member of our group had mobility issue, they had a groud floor room with walk-in shower, perfect.
We had quiet room at back of hotel.

Date of stay: May 2017