“La boehme”

Hotel du College de France
Ranked #177 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

Amazing experience! A tres chic hotel in the heart of Paris just few minutes walk from Notre Dame, Louvre, Pont Neuf. The hotel director along with the entire personel were the nicest person I met during my travels, and I do travel. The hotel is clean, causy, located in a quiet area on a step away from Sorbonne Univeristy. Tasty breakfast every morning and high quality coffee. The room is small compared to a big hotel, but we are talking about something romantic here, so it means it's just perfect for Paris! Very clean, confortable beds and if you choose a room with balcony you will not regret. I thank you once again for the incredible stay we had here, me and my mother, and for the" Le petit prince" restaurant suggestion you gave us! Paris sera toujours Paris! ;)

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 6 September 2017

Clean room, helpful staff. Standard English breakfast, Right in the middle of Notre-Dame. Easy to walk around and catch the metro. Feels at home while entering the room. Nice hot water shower. The room is of normal size. I recommend this room for couples who wish to explore Paris more.

Room Tip: Accessibility and convenience.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 September 2017

Without a doubt, the best thing about the Hotel du College de France is the friendly, courteous, helpful staff. They really go out of their way to accommodate all of one's needs. It happened to be my birthday during the week I was in Paris and on that day I returned to my room to find a bottle of champagne waiting for me - upon check-in they had noticed my upcoming birthday on my passport.

In addition to the delightful staff the location is perfect - in the heart of the Latin Quarter near the Sorbonne a short walk to the Luxembourg Gardens, Notre Dame, the Musee de Cluny, and the Louvre. (Two beautiful ancient churches are quite close to the hotel and should not be missed - Saint-Severin and Saint-Julien-le-Pauvre). The Metro/RER station is just around the corner which made it easy to get to and from CDG Airport and also to the Gare Montparnasse for an easy day trip to Chartres.

The room was charming and had a balcony and a lovely view. Each morning I looked forward to a petit dejeuner of bold coffee and croissants or crusty bread.

Merci to M. Marc and everyone at the Hotel du College de France for a wonderful week.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 August 2017

Hotel du College de France is superbly situated in the 5th arr, It is 250 yards from La Sorbonne University and 550 yards from Notre-Dame Cathedral , the Cluny-La Sorbonne Metro Station is 250 yards away . If you are looking to immerse yourself in history, art and culinary experiences this hotel fits the bill. It is clean and tidy in the communal areas and the rooms, are cleaned to a high standard each day. There is a lift but only two people can fit in at a time. All the staff spoke good English and were friendly and helpful . I booked two rooms with balconies my daughters stayed in a twin balcony on the 5th floor and were very happy with it. My husband I were upgraded by the hotel to the double superior balcony, which was a lovely surprise and I can highly recommend . After we had been out for the day we would come back and sit out on the balcony with a drink and watch the light up Eiffel Tower on the hour sparkle for five minutes, such a magical sight . There was little to no outside noise coming from the street or buildings around the hotel . Overall, the Hotel is very good value for money in a great location , run by helpful and considerate staff

Room Tip: Double superior balcony has a lovely view of the Eiffel Tower
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank ssutton031
Reviewed 15 August 2017

I have stayed in this hotel several times over the past three years and have found the staff welcoming and exceptionally helpful. My room (which I requested on all occasions) was large, well-appointed and with the most comfortable hotel bed I have experienced. A quiet location close to all Paris experiences.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo