“Good value for money in a great location”

Hotel du College de France
Ranked #174 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 15 August 2017

Hotel du College de France is superbly situated in the 5th arr, It is 250 yards from La Sorbonne University and 550 yards from Notre-Dame Cathedral , the Cluny-La Sorbonne Metro Station is 250 yards away . If you are looking to immerse yourself in history, art and culinary experiences this hotel fits the bill. It is clean and tidy in the communal areas and the rooms, are cleaned to a high standard each day. There is a lift but only two people can fit in at a time. All the staff spoke good English and were friendly and helpful . I booked two rooms with balconies my daughters stayed in a twin balcony on the 5th floor and were very happy with it. My husband I were upgraded by the hotel to the double superior balcony, which was a lovely surprise and I can highly recommend . After we had been out for the day we would come back and sit out on the balcony with a drink and watch the light up Eiffel Tower on the hour sparkle for five minutes, such a magical sight . There was little to no outside noise coming from the street or buildings around the hotel . Overall, the Hotel is very good value for money in a great location , run by helpful and considerate staff

Room Tip: Double superior balcony has a lovely view of the Eiffel Tower
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank ssutton031
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 15 August 2017

I have stayed in this hotel several times over the past three years and have found the staff welcoming and exceptionally helpful. My room (which I requested on all occasions) was large, well-appointed and with the most comfortable hotel bed I have experienced. A quiet location close to all Paris experiences.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Maree A
Reviewed 6 August 2017

* Location near Sorbonne and 5-10 minutes away from the Métro station Saint Michel (RER to Gare du Nord 5 minutes, direct connection to airport Charles du Gaulle).
* Quietly situated in a side road.
* Rooms well-kept and clean.
* Staff very friendly and helpful, hotel with familiar atmosphere.
* Best value for money of all my trips to Paris during the last years.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank 417tigrib
Reviewed 31 July 2017

This hote is situated in Paris, France, near Notre Dame. From the outside, it seems to be modern but inside it is disappointing because of the management´s behaviour. The employers do not speak neither Spanish nor English. That is terrible for tourists because if they do not know how to speak French, it is complicated. The owners should sack their employers becauso of their irresponsability.
The place. where this hotel is located, is secure, fantastic and impressive. However, one day I saw a suspicious man stoling a poor and humble stranger in a train.
The hotel has 300 rooms, their dimension is not too big. This place offers guests a varied meal but it so expensive that a few can afford that. The meal seems to be delicious and luxurious.
The level of service was low because the employers did not help me to keep my baggage to the room. They were a bit snobbish and reserved. That got out on my nerves.
Another negative aspect of the hotel is that the cleaning service removes your personal possessions and then, you cannot find them.
To sum up, I recommend this hotel but you should take into aconunt this advice (you have to be demanding and complain about every problem you have. If you do not do that, then, you will be dissatisfied like me)

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
HotelCDF P, Responsable réception at Hotel du College de France, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2017

Dear Sir
Thank you to take time to write a review about the hotel du college de France in Paris
But are you sure that you write this review about the wright hotel?
First of all,all the reception, staff speak english,two of them Alla and Bastien speak also spanish,and there also 3 persons who speak russian(Alla,Stéphanie and Anna)
So if you had a problem everybody at thet reception can help you in Eglish and some of them in Spanish or Russian).
You told that the area is secure(that is wright)but you see on the train a main stoled a tourist.Do you think the hotel is resposible of what happen outside in the train station?
And another point that you mentioned,you said that we have 300 rooms,we had only 29 rooms we don't have restaurant so we can not have luxurious and expenssive meal
,we have only a breakfast as much as you eat at 10 euros with hot drinks,bread,Pastries,butter several kind of marmalade,honey,3 kinds of cereals,3 kinds of cheeses,3 kinds of ham,yoghourt etc and all of them as much as you want for I repeat for 10 € who is not expenssive.

All our staf help all the customer wwith their luggage if they need.

So is for all this points that I think you write this review about the wrong hotel

Kind regards

Madjid Sadr

Reviewed 22 July 2017

My family enjoyed 5 fabulous days in Paris, with Hotel du College de France as our landing pad each evening. This family run hotel was very nicely decorated, impeccably clean, with small but very nicely appointed rooms. The staff was inviting and friendly and earnest in their desire to please. After reading other reviews, I requested 2 rooms with balconies for my family of 4 (2 adults, and my 13 and 17 year olds). We stayed in rooms 53 and 54. It was quite warm in Paris at this time (July), but each room was supplied with a strong cool fan, and keeping the large windows open at night was a fabulous way to enjoy the cool evening Paris breezes on the 5th floor! I spent most evenings relaxing on my room's small terrace after a busy day sightseeing. There was little to no outside noise to worry about as the hotel was perfectly located just far enough off of Boulevard St. Germain. The excellent location was also easy walking distance to virtually everything:10 mins to Nortre Dame Cathedral, 20 mins to the Louvre and other nearby museums, but 5 mins to the closest Metro/RER station if that is preferred. We even walked home from the Eiffel Tower at midnight, after la Fête Nationale fireworks (a highlight of our trip). It was only a 45 min walk back to our hotel. A lovely breakfast room is available, although we made it a point to enjoy the neighborhood cafes in the morning as we started our day. Overall, we had a memorable time and we were quite pleased with our stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Request a 5th floor balcony room. We loved our corner balcony, Room #53!!
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank kkdk424
HotelCDF P, receptionniste at Hotel du College de France, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2017

It is with great pleasure and satisfaction that we discover your opinion so positive about our hotel and ours services. On behalf of any team I convey to you the thanks and the cordial greetings.
Anna Lainé , the réceptionniste.