All reviews common room gare du nord bed dorm attached bathroom budget accommodation luggage storage convenient location minutes walking distance lobby area beds were comfortable stayed for nights fantastic location wifi station dormitory lift metro
Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

Hostel located quite near the Gare du Nord, easy to catch the train to/ from UK. The receptionists are quite friendly. Shops and supermarkets are nearby provide the needed items. However, the room is so tiny, and quite difficult to move and store luggages. The lobby area provide the cooking utilities are highly appreciated. In general, it’s a happy choice

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Smart Place Par... |, Manager at Smart Place Paris Gare du Nord by Hiphophostels, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2017

Dear Hai L,
It was a pleasure hosting you during your recent stay in Paris and thank you for taking the time to write your kind review.

It was very rewarding to read that you found our reception to be very warm and accommodating to you throughout your stay with us. We have staff available 24-7 to assist you with all your requests.

We look forward to another opportunity to host you at our property, and once again, thank you for your positive comments!

Reviewed 11 September 2017

Stayed for one night as a stopover, because of its proximity to Gare du Nord. It is close but it was still quite difficult to lug 40+ kg worth of things there and back.

The room (4 bed female dorm) was very comfortable and clean. The kitchen though a bit small (it is Paris after all) is adequately equipped if you would like to cook.

I had a lot of errands to run in the morning, as well as documents to sign, and the lady at the reception was very helpful and patient, as I was printing quite a few things and running in and out of the luggage storage room a lot.

As well as being close to Gare du Nord, I was able to walk to the Opera area in about 20-30 minutes.

Recommended place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Smart Place Par... |, Manager at Smart Place Paris Gare du Nord by Hiphophostels, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2017

Dear Michelle,

Reviewed 7 September 2017

I'm basing my review on my expectations. I read the description of the hotel and knew that it was a hostel/budget hotel I was an older, solo traveler, so I booked a single room. Overall, this is a solid, no frills, inexpensive option. Read on for more details.

Positive. 5 minute walk to the Paris Metro and Gare du Nord train station. Also within walking distance to Gare de l'Est train station. This gives excellant access to the major trains in and out of Paris. The staff was very friendly. A lot of dining options nearby. The room was small, but I was a solo traveler who wanted a single and got what I wanted.

Neutral. They advertise as a hostel/budget hotel and that it is what it is. The room did not have AC but I wasn't expecting it. My room looked out over a courtyard with other residences across the way. So privacy was an issue if you wanted to have the windows open at night. It was in the upper 30° C when I was there, so I definately, did want to have them open. Here again, I got what I expected and it was not an issue. For free Wi-Fi, you had to check in on social media. Not a real issue, but slightly annoying. It is a hostel catering to younger travelers without restrictions on age. Kinda a dorm feel. Young people hanging out talking into the night. So noise was an issue, but this really spoke to my preferences and not the hotel. If I was younger, I might have been booked a different room and been talking also.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank Jerry B
Smart Place Par... |, Manager at Smart Place Paris Gare du Nord by Hiphophostels, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2017

Dear Jerry,

It was very rewarding to read that you enjoyed your stay at Smart Place Paris.
We were also pleased to read you enjoyed our location, which is very central to all the best restaurants, cafes, bars that Paris has to offer. We are also just minutes away from Montmartre, and much more!

Valérie E

Reviewed 18 August 2017

good hostel, just by the staton, close to some main Paris attraction . good communcaion ,trains, busses, metro>. Rooms small but comfy. Kitchen, Luggage storage. Wifi in the rooms and lobby, Friendly staff

Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo
Smart Place Par... |, Manager at Smart Place Paris Gare du Nord by Hiphophostels, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2017

Hello,

Valérie E.

Reviewed 25 July 2017

convenient location near gare du nord and poissoniere stations, also many restaurants and cafes near gare du nord. the hotel offers a common kitchen are with coffee and fridge in the first level, baggage room and lockers.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Smart Place Par... |, Manager at Smart Place Paris Gare du Nord by Hiphophostels, responded to this reviewResponded 26 July 2017

Dear gbadilla,