All reviewscommon roomgare du nordbed dormattached bathroombudget accommodationluggage storageconvenient locationminutes walking distancelobby areabeds were comfortablestayed for nightsfantastic locationwifistationdormitoryliftmetro
Reviewed 14 December 2016 via mobile

I came to paris toice and i chose smart place, great place with very very kind and nice people, the place very close the Gard de Nord(train, Subway and RER) almost 2 minutes or less where you can go to any where in paris, i feel like home i enjoyed my trip .thanks a lot and hope see you again.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
Smart Place Par... |, Manager at Smart Place Paris Gare du Nord by Hiphophostels, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2016

Dear Adbulha,
It was a pleasure hosting you during your recent stay in Paris and thank you for taking the time to write your kind review.

It was very rewarding to read that you found our reception to be very warm.
We were also pleased to read you enjoyed our location, which is very central to all the best restaurants, cafes, bars that Paris has to offer.

We look forward to another opportunity to host you at our property, and once again, thank you for your positive comments!

Valerie E

Reviewed 9 December 2016

The hostel is about 3-5 minutes walk from Gare Du Nord, which is great as we can drop our luggage to the hostel when we landed at CDG and took the RER B, hence don't need to change to metro. The receptionist is friendly and we were able to have some rest at the common area as our room was not yet ready. Free coffee and tea were available. The room is cosy and good for a hostel. We booked the private triple room with sufficient space for 3 adults and our luggage and the private shower room is quite big as well. There was some noise at night as it is quite close to a main road. Overall it is good value for money and I like the easy access to public transport.

Room Tip: Room on higher floor may be quieter
  • Stayed: November 2016, travelled with friends
Smart Place Par... |, Manager at Smart Place Paris Gare du Nord by Hiphophostels, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2016

Dear Genesis89,

It was very rewarding to read that you found our reception to be very warm and accommodating to you throughout your stay with us. We have staff available 24-7 to assist you with all your requests.

We are happy to see that you have enjoyed our attention as the free tea and coffee at anytime.

The Smart Place Team

Reviewed 16 November 2016

The worst receptionist I've ever come across my traveling in my life!! They simply charged my credit card before I arrived where my booking says payment upon arrival. Unprofessional and rude to their valued customer!! I hate people who choose to work in service line but have no customer service sense at all!! No atmosphere, no information given when we checking in ( as we saw free welcome drink banner next to reception counter). Room and bathroom way too small, TV is not working. Ruining my first day on my first time in Paris!!

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Smart Place Par... |, Manager at Smart Place Paris Gare du Nord by Hiphophostels, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2016

Dear Alexsace, Thank you for taking the time to express your feelings about your stay in our hotel. We would like to sincerely apologize for the different inconveniences you have met during your stay with us. Indeed the prepayment of your booking has been made in advance as per the booking policy of booking.com. The policy says : The payment of the stay is required upon arrival but one night will be charged at the booking moment. I will investigate in order to see what happened exactly with your stay but be sure that customer service is our priority. Let’s hope that we will regain your trust and welcome you back for a more pleasurable expérience at Smart Place Paris. With my best regards, Valerie E Manager

Reviewed 15 November 2016

Very close to Gare du Nord which was perfect for me as I travel by train. The room/dorm is quite comfortable, clean and the receptionist very friendly. the common area kinda artsy and it is great to hang around or reading books. my only letdown is the toilet very small and there's no storage compartment in the room as far as i am concern.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo

Dear Jamal,

Thank you for your lovely comment, we are glad to know that you had a good time at Smart Place.

Reviewed 10 November 2016

1) Looks a little dingy
2) I did not find too many younger people here
3) Bathroom is attached to the room and is not very clean. The hostel does not even provide hand soap.
4) Sockets/plug points are there in some beds but not in all, so it is difficult to put phones, etc on charge at night.
5) Location of the hostel is good
6) Reception has a safe where you can put valuables in free of charge.
Overall a very average hostel. Paying just a few euros extra will get you a better hostel in the same area.

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Vrinda D
Smart-Place-Team, Gérant at Smart Place Paris Gare du Nord by Hiphophostels, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2016

Dear Vrinda
We do have hand soap available at the reception desk. Do not hesitate to ask the reception next time.
We already have considered and analyzed your esteemed feedback and have noticed with concern your comments. In this respect and in order to improve, I will shortly contact you directly.
With my best regards,