“Perfect for a weekend”

Ranked #31 of 1,801 Hotels in Paris
London
“Perfect for a weekend”
Reviewed 1 March 2012

The Londres Eiffel is one of the best city break hotels that I have ever stayed in. I visited a friend in Paris for a weekend (2 nights) and thoroughly enjoyed the small amount of time that I spent there.

When I arrived at the hotel, I was given a free upgrade from a Pavilion Room to one of the top-floor rooms which was a lovely surprise. The tower was perfectly framed by the window and was a great start to the stay.

The rooms are small but by no means unfair by Parisien standards. As the room was up in the eaves the bathroom certainly suffered from some intrusively diagonal angles but this was a small price to pay for a very well decorated room, free wifi, a hard bed and a beautiful view.

A word on location - being near the Ecole Militaire (about 5 minutes walk), it is quite a quiet, residential area though not far from all the hustle and bustle. It'll take you 40/45 minutes from Gare du Nord and it is maybe 30 mintutes from all the action by the river.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Londontownie_11
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (297)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
San Clemente, California
Reviewed 29 February 2012

I had a 3 night stay here. My room was on the 1st floor, and surprisingly included a mini fridge as well as a safe. Hotel was nice and cozy, although having to leave the room key with the desk each time you leave is a little annoying.

The room and hotel were extremely clean and for the most part comfortable. My only complaint is the bed. It was pretty small - a double room with two narrow twin beds pushed side by side. The matress was a little thin, so I tossed and turned a bit, and to be honest I didn't get a good night sleep's while I was there. A smaller person or someone who prefers a very firm mattress may be better satisfied with the sleeping conditions. Otherwise, the neighborhood was very nice and charming, plenty of shops and places to eat very close by. Metro is about a 6-8 minute walk, and there's a taxi stand about 2-3 blocks away.

WiFi was free and worked very well. There was an iMac in the small lobby. I didn't have breakfast at the hotel, there were too many other options that I wanted to try.

• Stayed February 2012
2 Thank Tanq K
New York City, New York
Reviewed 29 February 2012

I stayed here for 4 nights. My stay started completely wonderfully - I arrived at 9am after a night flight. I was rehearsing my "can you keep my luggage for me" speech, but they had a room ready and gave it to me! The staff continued to be very helpful and pleasant. The shower was great, lots of hot water. My single room was small, but perfectly adequate. The only down side to the room was that there wasn't a very good place to keep my open suitcase. There was a small closet with a safe. Room was very quiet (but possibly the adjacent rooms were empty). Great location. Seven minutes walk to the metro. Close to the tower. I really liked the neighborhood. Lots of very good restaurants as well as more mundane shopping and not overly touristic.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank rappe
Reviewed 24 February 2012

We stayed here in 2 linked rooms on the first floor at the back of the hotel. The set up was perfect for 2 adults and a 10+12 year old. The rooms are a good size for Paris, with plenty of storage. The bathroom/shower room were newly renovated, and again a good size by Paris standards. I have stayed in Paris many times and I think this is a top find.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank JulieAre
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 22 February 2012

We saw all the good reviews and booked a room. It was more expensive by the end with a couple of hidden charges, and they put us in quite a small and unimpressive room. The location is nice with proximity to the tower, but it's quite hot and the view of our room is tantamount to a back alley. Not sure I'd stay here again.

Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple