Arcadie Montparnasse
  • Room Service
US$ 527
US$ 485
  • Fitness centre
All reviewsgaite metro stationgreat locationa short walking distancecroissantsroom was small but cleanstandard roomwould stay againnice staylong weekendmain attractionsmontparnassestreetfrenchhairdryerliftbistrossupermarket
Reviewed 12 January 2012

I really wanted to like this hotel. It was well located, the staff was friendly, the room clean (small as expected in Paris), the breakfast was ok (continental breakfast) and free wifi, the price was good, but...

I could not sleep. The walls and room door were thin and every time someone went by, I woke up. Worse, when my neighbors came into their room, it sounded like they were coming into my room and I would wake up with a start. My last night was the worst with a woman next door who coughed all night and a couple who came in at 2 AM and talked for 20 minutes (and it seemed like they were just outside).

If the hotel could soundproof the rooms, it would be wonderful and I would return.

Room Tip: Avoid the first floor -- very noisy.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank MarkFromDC
Reviewed 2 January 2012

Stayed here courtesy of Air Miles with my two teenage daughters and wasn't disappointed. Great location, there are three metro stops within easy walk of the hotel and only 5 or 6 stops will take you to all the tourist attractions along the river Seine. The staff in the hotel were very friendly and helpful. Our rooms were small and simply decorated (not at all like the hotel website photos!) but very clean and beds were very comfy. We had breakfast in the room every day and it came neatly presented on a tray (there was more than enough to eat). There are loads of bars and restaurants around the hotel and we felt very safe walking round late at night We liked the 'Paris Montparnasse' Restaurant on avenue du Maine (the snails were to die for). Also, if you stay at this hotel then well worth a visit to the Montparnasse Tower, a great viewing point for the whole of the city and just a 5 min walk from the hotel. Would also recommend the airport shuttle bus, it takes 45 mins and drops you off just round the corner from the hotel.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank jmlMatfen
Reviewed 18 December 2011

We found this hotel via Airmiles - a happy choice. Our initial arrangements were threatened by flight changes by our airline, but the reception staff were more than helpful in making suitable adjustments and this friendly service was apparent throughout our actual stay.
A minor negative is the very small lift, although this did not affect us as our room was on the first floor. Our room was smallish (expected as we are Paris regulars) but perfectly adequate with some interesting design features to compensate for the limited space. The bathroom was of relatively generous proportions.
The hotel could not be better placed for metro access. The immediate neighbourhood has many very good restaurants; and we were impressed by the Wednesday morning market on the nearby Edgar Quinet Boulevard.
We would be very happy to use this hotel again.

Room Tip: On arrival, we were given the keys to alternative available rooms so that we could make our own choice.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 November 2011

I had been to Paris before but didn't really "get it". This being my third time, I went, with a certain amount of scepticism, with a colleague and his son. Everything was booked at the last minute which is always fun. So, meeting in the glorious, post refurb St. Pancras station, and then doing the passport check 2 step dance, off we zoomed on the Eurostar. Seemingly moments later,  we were there. In Paris. And then, we did something that has always filled me with trepidation...we took the underground. Line 4, I think, towards Montparnasse. We got off, wandered around a little lost, asked for directions (offered in English) and we eventually made it to the hotel Arcadie Montparnasse. A nook of a hotel. Literally, "compact and bijoux". We were greeted by courteous and helpful staff and made our way to our rooms. Mine was nice. It overlooked the bustling neon lit street but seemingly no noise. The street around the back of the hotel is where the action is. Lots of restaurants with outdoor seating including an excellent Japanese one where we had our first evening meal outside on the street in the warm evening haze. It must have been exceptional as my travel companions were Chinese. The following day, we had an excellent little breakfast of coffee and croissants in a deceptively comfortable breakfast corner next to reception. Very tasty indeed. So, taking the tube again, meandered around the mind blowing Louvre and walked the length of the place de Concorde, surrounded by grand architecture, up towards l'arc de triomphe. As it was so hot, we sheltered in one of the outdoor restaurants and had a superb lunch and watched a very busy world go by. We then made our way back to the hotel for a rest. Given the August heat, we were grateful the rooms were cool. A little while later, we took the recommendation of our knowledgeable hotel receptionist and took a short little walk to one of the numerous outdoor restaurants simply called restaurant Montparnasse. And it turned out to be, again, a sumptuous dinner. So taken with the atmosphere, my colleague was even brave enough to take on the snails. The following day, a couple of tube rides, after having stored our luggage at Gare du Nord, and walking up the steps, we found ourselves taking in the breathtaking views of Paris from Montmartre. A quick bite to eat in one of the numerous good quality eateries and we zipped back to the Eurostar. The passport queues are inevitable and nevertheless necessary. However, couldn't they allocate more space for the numerous passengers? It does get a little chaotic. Anyway, we got back home to blighty in a flash. The hotel was good, the company excellent, the food tasty and the atmosphere good. Did I "get" Paris? Well maybe not quite just yet but I am not put off by the prospect of going again.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 18 November 2011

Very nice and very small hotel! Excellent location, nice building, though not comfortable inside, I do not mean the rooms. Has very little elevator so if U travel with big bags, have to enter one by one:) in real, these are the bad things I can mention. Very polite and friendly stuff, clean, nice pretty rooms. This hotel does not pretend to high class hotel but U feel fair and calm here as in home. U know what U are going to get and U get this, not anything other instead.
A calm place for two to avoid noise of Paris and to take a rest in room.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple