This is a simple and smaller kind of hostel but it offers all the things you need at a good price and great choice for budget travellers to Paris. And this is why:
1. We book an ensuite room for 4 and the window overlooks the picture perfect Basillica which is a minute walk out of the hostel. Priceless.
2. Less than 5 minutes walk downslope to Anvers metro, which is two stations away from Gare Du Nord.
3. It is in the Montmarte area and all u gotta do is walk out :)
4. Cheap food n drinks supply from a convenient store just opposite the street. You buy packed food n fix them up at the hostel kitchen n pantry. Being located on one of the shoplots, there are many cheap souvenir shops and cafes around to choose from. You just shop for all you souvenirs here at the end of your stay or from the village over the hill.
5. Since it's a small hostel everything is narrow : lift, stairway, pantry, lobby. But the room was spacious or regular size. So never mind.
6. In a city where it's very rare to find fluent English speakers, here receptionists speak good Anglais. And friendly.
7. No freebies, no towels n breakfast, but not a prob.
8. Speaking of narrow, its quite ok since it's a good way to meet new people.
9. Room are satisfactory.
10. This was my first stop in Europe and i had good memories of it so it was a nice place to stay.
On a personal note: on the early dawn that we checked out, we were served by Pablo at the reception and we had a good fun sharing one of our local song from Borneo through YouTube and we chatted and laugh while he gets us a taxi. Thanks Pablo, you were great fun. You were still chirpy even towards the end of your shift at that early morning. :)
I guess for an enjoyable stay, first and foremost you just have to have great n fun people around you. This hostel meets you basic needs in many ways, and whatever shortcomings are negligible.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Village is where old-world charm has a hip, fresh attitude. Located in Montmartre, one of Paris's most popular and authentic areas, we provide travellers with the service and comfort of a hotel at budget prices. Montmartre is one of Paris's most popular districts for a few reasons: it's close to famous tourist sites like Sacre-Coeur and the Moulin Rouge and is full of bars - as the On the Road Pub, bistros and some of the best nightlife Paris has to offer. We're very close to the metro so getting to anywhere else in Paris easy and cheap. Stay here and you'll be in a fantastic area. You will have choice between several accomodations types from the single or private double / triple / quadruple rooms to cheap beds in mixt or female dormitories. All of our rooms are equipped with air conditioning and their own shower, toilet, sink and telephone and include free linen and blankets. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda and HostelWorld so you can book your Le Village Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Village Hotel Paris