“Questionable room, but great breakfast”

B&B Hotel Paris Porte de la Villette
Ranked #1,608 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 18 January 2017

We were placed in this hotel by the airline because of a delayed flight. The front desk clerk was not welcoming, but civil. The room was small and the bathroom was large, but the bathroom had not been fully cleaned as there was garbage in the waste can. There was no soap by the sink, no shampoo, no wash cloth, and only two large towels and a bath mat in the bathroom.

However, the breakfast included with the room was great, with bacon, eggs, an assortment of breads, juices, and cereal items available. All of it was tasty and the eggs were piping hot.

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank spaingma

Reviewed 3 November 2016 via mobile

This is my business trip to Paris mainly because of the show in Paris event center. The main and only advantage is 5mins walk from Hotel to this center and 8mins walk to the closet subway station de la Villette.
Hotel room is fairly clean with all basic things, not a big room. The location not close to any major tourist attraction, so probably not for tourists unless you are really tight on budget. Breakfast need to pay extra and not included. There are two lifts in the hotel, but one of it broke down twice everyday during I stayed.

Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Raymond_DELAYNOMORE
Reviewed 16 September 2016

I travel to Paris for a business trip that had to do with the Paris expo center in the porte de la vilette. In this review I will mention first all the good staff and then all the bad ones.

So as for the distance, the hotel is extremely close to the expo center, which is very helpful and the breakfast its really good for the price they charge. The wifi is decent and some people from the stuff are extremely helpful, even if they don't speak english that well.

Now, lets's come to the bad ones..The receptionist, a male one that spoke really good english, was always on the phone and seemed really busy and chatty with everyone and everything apart from the guests of the hotel. We ask for 2 extra pillows, as the double bed had 2 small ones and we never received them..When I asked him to show me on the map the exact location of the hotel he just moved, in a boring mood, his hand and said "we are some where here" and he show us a distance of 10 blocks. That would be an acceptable answer if he wasn't the receptionist! I can't imagine someone in this position not being able to locate his job building...Regarding the room..it's one of the smallest rooms I've ever been to, clean but not spotless with a fitter carpet that should be replaced with no second thoughts!!

The area where the hotel is located it can easily freak you out, as it is full of immigrants (I guess) and in the night if you are a woman you have to double think how you will reach the hotel from the nearest metro station which is 5 min walking.

Apart from all these the general manager, when we need him, was very very kind and just to sum up in my opinion its a hotel only if you want to go to the expo center and you don't plan to visit paris, which by the way is 16 stops near with the metro line, or go out in the night.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank nefelibata_n
Reviewed 1 September 2016 via mobile

We arrived at 1 in the morning and the reception was very helpful that night. It just took them a bit long to give us our room number though.

In the morning I had to leave ahead of my friends so I was alone. I asked the lady at reception which was the closest metro station and she said it's Aubervilliers. I asked her if the neighborhood was safe, she seemed a bit annoyed and told me that there is nowhere completely safe in Paris.

The door was a bit strange - I couldn't figure out how to open it the first try.

When I was making my way to the Aubervilliers station, I was appalled at the neighborhood situation. Two guys just decided to have fun and tried to block me. I had to run away from them. I think my friends took a different route and headed to the Porte dela Villette station.

When we came home together that night off at Aubervilliers, they were equally shocked at what they saw - the place was packed with strange looking men. I'm just glad we survived those days unharmed.

The hotel itself is safe and okay. It's just the neighborhood.

That said, I don't think I'll ever come here again, sorry.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 10 August 2016 via mobile

The hotel is nice, and clean. The staffs are friendly and always greet you when coming and going. The most unfortunate is the neighborhood ...it's really hmm not safe looking and not clean at all compare to the hotel who is well locates near, shops and commute. I will visit another B&B with me family next time but not that particular one just because it doesn't look and feel safe coming back late . Not the hotel fault but if you are guys or not alone I will recommend it or even if you drive just for safety. Otherwise lovely hotel , lovely stay. I did had a little incident with another client who was drunk ( I think ) and was attempting to open my door and asking to open my door at 3 am . How crazy was that , it wasn't funny at the time but I got over it .

Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo