“Amazing and Delicious Tour”
Review of Paris by Mouth

Paris by Mouth
Ranked #1 of 195 Food & Drink in Paris
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: There’s a reason why our tours are top-rated food tours on TripAdvisor and have been celebrated by The New York Times (twice!) and knowledgable foodies like David Lebovitz and Ruth Reichl: we keep our group sizes tiny, we spend generously at the best shops in town, and we only work with expert guides who have devoted their lives to food & wine. Our tours are in English and last for around 3 hours. They include some walking and standing, but also feature a seated tasting with wine pairings. Our tours are designed for adults. We’re unable to host children under ten years of age. Our price of 110€ per person is a little higher than the competition because we spend more than anyone else on premium tastings and to pay the most experienced and knowledgable guides in Paris. You’re also paying for the tiny group size.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

My 14 year old daughter and I did the Taste of the Marais tour with Jennifer and it was such a fantastic experience! Jennifer was engaging, knowledgable and a truly wonderful guide. We learned so much along the walk, and got to try so many amazing things. We visited places that we never would have discovered on our own, including the most amazing chocolate shop, a cheese shop, a cream puff shop, and the most darling and a quaint little boulangerie that sold the best croissants in the entire world (honestly!). At the end of our tour we went into a wine shop and spent about an hour tasting wines, meats and cheeses. They provided juice for my daughter, since she's under age, and I thought that was a lovely touch. It was the highlight of our trip to Paris, and I would highly recommend it to anyone. The Marias District is especially charming!

All reviews
in 36 reviews
"cream puffs"
in 35 reviews

Reviewed 4 April 2018

We relished every minute of the Left Bank tour led by Isabelle - it was definitely one of the highlights of our trip! Isabelle took us to a boulangerie, a fromagerie, a traiteur, a chocolaterie and a patisserie. The items she picked out were just exquisite! It was so interesting to hear about France's rich culinary traditions from someone as knowledgable and passionate as Isabelle -- she brought French gastronomy to life through her anecdotes and insights. The tour helped us appreciate the extent to which the French have elevated food to an art form. I will definitely do another one on my next trip to Paris!

1  Thank Suhani A
Reviewed 4 April 2018

My 14 year old daughter and I were recently in Paris for three days and even though we had limited time to see as much as possible it was the Paris By Mouth food tour that we will be talking about for years to come. My husband had done this tour a few years ago when he was in Paris solo on business and he had highly recommended it to us. We did the St. Germain tour and it was absolutely fantastic. Our guide Diane was wonderful and her apprentice Veronica was also fantastic. These two ladies were so knowledgeable about food and wine and they taught us so much. Diane is a food writer and I was so impressed by her extensive knowledge not only of the foods that we would learn about and try but also her knowledge of the culture all the places we visited add how they all add to the robust city life of Paris. We visited a bread shop, a chocolate shop, a butcher, a cheese monger, a pastry shop and ended our tour with a wine shop where Diane shared all the food she had purchased along the way with wine for our lunch. I cannot wait to do this tour again some day! If you love food please don't miss it!!

Reviewed 3 April 2018

This was so fun. My husband and I did the St Germain food tour and it was fantastic. Stephen was an informative and pleasant guide. The selections of local bread, cheese, wine, chocolate and cakes were amazing. Each little bite was a wonderful mouth surprise. The quality and richness of the tastes were top notch. I could not name a favorite, but perhaps the rosewater croissant. I a place with a lot of great food, this gave you a tiny glimpse of what the locals have at their fingertip all the time.

1  Thank Christine C
See more reviews
Reviewed 3 April 2018 via mobile

Today we took the St Germain tour. Our guide was Stephen and he was terrific. He gave excellent descriptions at each of the shops that we visited and he was able to knowledgably answer all our questions. We visited a wonderful small bakery, a shop that makes excellent macaroons, a chocolate shop, a cheese shop, a meat market, a wine shop, and a salted caramel shop. These were all of excellent quality and we got to have samples everywhere. We ended with a trio of wines paired with various cheeses and meats that Stephen had gathered along the way. Very fun four hour tour!

1  Thank Gloria H