“Lovely Star”

Ranked #219 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Dundee, United Kingdom
“Lovely Star”
Reviewed 16 August 2012

We stayed at the Ampere from August 8th to 12th. The hotel was very well presented and the staff were pleasant and polite. The hotel was immaculate and very well presented. We booked the hotel through Last Minute top secret hotel and were given a superior room. The room was large enough to fit the three of us and the beds were very comfy. The location around the hotel felt safe and was quiet. The only real issue we had with our room was a leaking shower. There was a RER train station and a metro a few minutes from the hotel. The Arc De Triomph was only 15 mins walk away down Avenue De Wagram. There was a big square beside the hotel and this contained a range of restaurants, cafes and a Monoprix store. Overall, this hotel was excellent and provided easy transport links to all the attractions throughout Paris.

Room Tip: The breakfast is pretty expensive.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank stufleming
Ampere-NG, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Ampere Paris, responded to this review, 17 August 2012
Sir,

First let us thank you for selecting our establishment for your stay, it was a pleasure receiving you. We are glad that you had a nice time in Paris and we are happy to know that you managed your way into the different restaurants of the neighborhood. We hope that you had a nice time there. We also desire to thank you for giving your opinion, it is very important for us to know the different departments in which there is room for improvements. We took care of the shower and we will continue doing our best to please our customers. We wish that you will find pleasure coming back to Paris and if you do be sure that we are at your disposal in order to help you plan your trip. We can always arrange a pick-up somewhere, book a table in a restaurant or seats for a play or a concerts in Paris whenever you wish. If you wish ton continue receiving news about Paris and its different activities or about the hotel feel free to follow us on Facebook, Twitter or on our Blog. We hope to hear from you soon. With our warmest regards.

Hôtel Ampère.
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
West Sussex, UK
Reviewed 14 August 2012

We stayed at Ampere Hotel for a long weekend, and we were really pleased by the high standards and quality of this hotel. Throughout, the hotel is absolutely 4*s. Reception staff were very helpful, especially with regards to where to visit and directions. The hotel is approximately 50 metres from a metro station and about a 15 minute walk from the Arc de triomphe. It is therefore in a great location.

The only point that I would raise is that the hotel's breakfast is 18 euro per person, and although it is nice (buffet style with some hot and cold items) it does not justify this amount of money. We went across the road (to a cafe on the roundabout) to have breakfast, which cost 5,50 euro each.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank R.Kemish
Ampere-NG, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Ampere Paris, responded to this review, 15 August 2012
Madam, Sir,

First let us thank you for selecting our establishment, welcoming you was a real pleasure. We are glad you had a nice time in Paris and that you managed to find your way like real Parisians. It is really pleasant to have breakfast in small cafes and see Paris waking up.

We also wish to thank you giving your opinion. It is a great way for us to know the different areas in which there is room for improvements. We hope that you will have pleasure coming back in Paris. If you do, don’t hesitate to contact us in order to help you plan your trip by booking a taxi to pick you up or by finding a nice play during your stay.

If you wish to stay connected to the Parisian life style and to the hotel don’t hesitate to follow us on Facebook, Twitter or on our Blog. We hope to hear from you soon. With our warmest regards.

inverness
Reviewed 1 August 2012

When i forst arrived i was a little dissapoited as the retaurant only opens to do breakfast all year round, as it was xmas eve i was a little worried but i soon discovered the hotel is situated near an abudance of restaurants which were all open. The staff were very friendly rooms were excellent, as was the breakfast, would stay here again and probebly will.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lochaslh3
Ampere-NG, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Ampere Paris, responded to this review, 3 August 2012
Madam, Sir,

It was a real pleasure to welcome you in our establishment and we thank you for selecting it. We are glad that you had a nice time in Paris and we hope that you will have pleasure coming back. We are sorry for the closure of the restaurant but be sure that if you wish to come back it will be a real pleasure to advise you on typical french restaurants or any other types of restaurants you might like. We also thank you for giving us your opinion, it is a great way for us to know where there is room for improvement. If you wish to come back and that you think we can be of any help in the planning of your trip don't hesitate to call us it will be a pleasure to help you. If you wish to receive news about Paris and the Hotel you can always follow us on Facebook or Twitter. We hope to hear from you soon. With our warmest regards.

Reviewed 31 July 2012 via mobile

Good hotel in a nice area, close to metro station, about 20 minute walk from Arc de Triomphe, clean rooms, large comfy bed, welcoming reception staff, free WiFi, security safe in the room, (standard overpriced) mini bar, air con...what more can you ask for really.

If I was going to complain then there was no iron in our room (although maybe they were available from reception) and the hair dryer wasn't great. Not much to complain about really.

1 Thank Steven W
Ampere-NG, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Ampere Paris, responded to this review, 4 August 2012
Madam, Sir,

It was a pleasure receiving you and thank you for selecting our establishment. We hope you had a nice time in Paris and that you will find pleasure coming back. Be sure that next time if you wish to stay in our hotel we will add an iron in your room before your arrival. We also wish to thank you for giving us your opinion, it is a great way for us to know where there is room for improvements. If we can be of any help for the planning of your next trip don't hesitate it will be a pleasure to help you. If you wish to keep in touch with the events of Paris and of the hotel you can follow us on Facebook, Twitter or on our Blog. We hope to hear from you soon. With our warmest regards.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 27 July 2012

In short: Service is not professional and the management of Ampere has a bias against Americans.

My experience: I traveled to Paris for a work and was scheduled to stay at Ampere Hotel. My check in was late, my reservation was wrong and the resulting service treatment was not adequate for one star hotel let alone a four star. My room was packed while I was at work (due the reservation discrepancy between my work's travel agency and the hotel). I could tell that my bag was missing items (I quickly identified what was missing and knew no one would want them but they weren't in my bags - shower items, make-up, etc.) so I asked of their whereabouts. I was told, "There were supervisors overseeing the packing and all your items were packed; there isn't anything missing. You didn't even pay for your room." Of course, they had my credit card details upon both reservation and check-in and I hadn't checked out because I thought I was staying one more night. I asked again if the front desk person would look with housekeeping or lost and found. Finally my unpacked belongings were delivered to me in the lobby in a clear plastic garbage bag. It was an embarrassing and confusing public situation.

My co-worker was horrified to hear of my experience and thought he'd do the hotel a favor by phoning management to alert them and to suggest a more graceful handling should a similar situation happen in the future. The General Manager's response to him was unbelievable. They had a lengthy and loud phone conversation in which the GM said, "she didn't get her belongings in a garbage bag; she lied. The reservation issue was the American woman's fault and you know how American's are, they just complain to get something free." My concern was not over the reservation mistake (there were too many places where mistakes could have happened and I certainly didn't expect anything free!), my concern was that the hotel didn't attempt to contact me or the travel agency about the reservation issue, they didn't pack all my items then packaged my belongings as if they're garbage and insulted me both in person (in front of other guests) and again to my peer at work.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
6 Thank Brynn H
Ampere-NG, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Ampere Paris, responded to this review, 13 August 2012
Madam,

First let us apologize for some of the problems you might have encountered in our establishment during your stay. After deep studies of these events, we remarked that there was an important confusion and a problem of interpretation all departments included which started with the travel agency which booked the room. Their mistake generated a misleading confusion. We took some measure to prevent this problem of interpretation from happening again. If we can do anything to help you regain your trust in our establishment please say so. We also desire to thank you for giving us your opinion which helped us determine the different departments in which there was room for improvements in our hotel. Be sure that we will do our best to continue pleasing our customers in the future. We hope to hear from you soon. With our warmest regards.