“Flawless Stay”

Ranked #66 of 1,801 Hotels in Paris
coral gables, fl
“Flawless Stay”
Reviewed 3 July 2012

We just returned from 3 days at the Park Hyatt Paris. We have been to Paris many times, and we have stayed at some great hotels including the Meurice, the Ritz and the Four Seasons. The Park Hyatt is up there with the best of Paris hotels. The service, the buffet breakfast, the location and their attention to detail was wonderful.

PROS: Location, location, location.
Great Service
Extensive and delicious breakfast buffet

CONS:
Really none.

I highly recommend for a splurge hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (277)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed 3 July 2012

We stayed here for a long weekend, using my husbands Hyatt points. The rooms were a very comfortable size, and beautifully designed. Staff were uniformly pleasant and helpful. Room service was prompt, and front desk was ever at the ready to help with questions or requests. We booked massage, I opted for "relaxing" and my husband got shiatsu. Mine was really good, especially for a masseuse unacquainted with my body. We've stayed in Paris a couple of time before this, and we prefer the left bank. But the calm, inviting atmosphere at this hotel could change our minds! I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

1 Thank melbatoastnj
Reviewed 1 July 2012 via mobile

The Park Hyatt Paris....wow. Where do I begin? Let me first say I have never before experienced such excellent customer service. That is what stands out the most to me. Every staff member I encountered was ready and willing to help with anything I needed. I am a Hyatt Platinum member and booked the room with points rather then paying the $1000 a night and was worried they would treat me as such. Boy was I wrong!! When I first checked in they gave me an envelope addressed to Madame.....(fill in name) and inside thanked me for staying there and offered me complimentary wifi in addition to free breakfast. I was also pleasantly suprised everyone spoke English as my French is not very strong. Although check in was not available right away they offered to call as soon as it was ready and they took our bags in the meantime. When we could finally  check in they asked if we would like to be escorted to the room. When we said no they still escorted us to at least the elevator. This is the only Hyatt I have been that has treated me with such outstanding service. The bedroom itself was small (as all European hotels are), however the bathroom and walk in closet made up for what the bedroom lacked. Let me also mention that the room I had was your basic queen room. Anyways, back to the bathroom. It was gorgeous. It had two shower heads and a seat inside. I loved the in-shower mirror as well - not to sound vain! Ha. The shower had excellent water pressure too!  I also loved the windows in the room. We had a street view and it was nice opening the big windows and looking out. Also the wifi was excellent.  I never had problems connecting. The room was extremely clean and every night we came back from sightseeing we came back to our perfectly clean rooms, fresh towels, and a made bed.  One downside was that there were not a lot of outlets. My niece wanted to plug in her straightener with a
Converter but none of the outlets would fit our converter. Eventually we went downstairs and asked the front desk who promptly provided us with a converter/adapter.  Also when they brought up our luggage, they broke the handle of my nieces bag. She had to buy another bag for the remainder of the trip. :-( I do wish they would have been more careful transporting our stuff. I don't know that I would pay the $1000 for a night, but if I could stay on points again I would certainly return! We were in a wonderful location! If you walk out the door, turn to your left  and walk up the street you will immediately hit the "opera" metro station. If you walk to your right you will pass a lot of high end stores (Cartier, Chanel, Dior, etc) then you will eventually reach the Tuilleries. This is about a 5 minute walk. If you turn left at the Tuilleries and walk about 3 more minutes you will hit the Louvre.  Both the louvre and Tuilleries each have thier own metro station. You can get on the metro here and it will take u all the way up to the shops on Champs de Elysse. This hotel is absolutely perfect for a first time touristy/sightseeing visit because it is in the heart of the city near all the main sights. It's an approximate 10EU taxi to the Eiffel Tower. There is a Tiffany's directly across the street which kind of tells you what type of neighborhood this is. If you are looking for a delicious bite to eat - Le Souffle is a five minute walk from the hotel and serves delicious Souffles. I would love to come back to Paris and stay here again!
Oh yea one minor warning - the breakfast buffet (which we got complimentary) is typically 44EU a person. I would never have paid for this had it not been free. There are much tastier and inexpensive cafes nearby. This buffet didn't even include eggs. It basically included cereal, pastries, yogurt, and fruit. I would never pay 44EU for something i can get for 15EU down the street.  Overall though, this hotel gets an A!

• Stayed June 2012
3 Thank Itscassie
New York City, New York
Reviewed 27 June 2012

This Hotel surprised me on several levels. Unusual spacious rooms, nice bathrooms and amenities. Excellent Service. Good Restaurants. Beautiful Spa, however Jacuzzi is cross gender and only accessible in swim shorts.
The housekeeper who showed up in the room without knocking and not speaking a word in English was a little irritating!

1 Thank Franz K
Colorado
Reviewed 22 June 2012

Our room was exquisite and the variety and service at breakfast were exceptional. The location is also superb. But after a sweaty first night We requested the air conditioning set lower. This did not happen during the day so after ten pm we had a service call to lower the temp as well as a housekeeping call to have a sheet placed on the bed (in lieu of the down duvet). The staff was exceptional in fixing the problem.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family