“Expensive - but pretty!”

Cafe Campana at Musee d'Orsay
Ranked #3,328 of 19,269 Restaurants in Paris
Price range: US$ 23 - US$ 30
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Tour Eiffel / Invalides
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We were at the D'Orsay just to show our children the impressive building and look at some famous paintings, so this Cafe was perfectly situated next to the Impressionist Gallery for bribery purposes. It's very good-looking with all the gold light fittings, huge clock face and blue cracked mirror walls, brilliant for pulling faces into - sorry, fellow diners!

My husband and I skipped the expensive quiche / salad options (glad about that after reading other reviews) and put expensive strawberry ice cream sundaes into the children instead. We just had pots of tea.

The staff were friendly enough, though seemed very rushed. I've visited the D'Orsay a few times before and never been to Cafe Campana before, I don't think I would again.

Reviewed 24 March 2018

Situated behind the giant clocks of Musée d'Orsay (which used to be a train station), the café has one of the best locations and ambiance. It's décor is colourful and dazzling, with its use of gold. I've been here twice and both times, the food was terrible and so was the service.

As a vegetarian, there are limited options. The salad was insipid and we found meat pieces in the salad. On bringing it to the notice of the waiter, he was seemed very unbothered and just said "It may have fallen in there by mistake". We got no replacement for it, no reduction in the price (In most other countries, they wouldn't even ask you to pay for the entire meal if something like this happened, mais c'est la France!), and after arguing with the waiter, all we got was a reduction of 5% on the salad. They were so generous! :P The exotic fruits sorbet was nice, but that was the only thing that was.

Honestly, don't eat here, just go have a look, take your photos and get out.

2  Thank Ronak S
Reviewed 16 March 2018

This was a nice spot to take a break before enjoying the beautiful art on the 5th floor of the Orsay. The decoration is unique and beautiful and what a great view! I had the Quiche Lorraine which I thought was very good. Service was unexceptional but perfectly pleasant - they seemed a bit short-staffed. I thought the prices were reasonable considering the location.

Reviewed 8 March 2018

Worth a break after a visit of the museum. Nice, romantic and really enjoyable view!
It is a hidden gem well decorated with discreet and friendly staff!

Reviewed 7 March 2018 via mobile

The beautiful lighting and decor. The stunning clock, the close for comfort tables, the lull in conversation....and then there’s the food!
Definitely not worth what you pay for it. We had the quiche and soup and a bottle of water - Almost 30 Euros! The soup was in a little mug, not a very big one at all. Everything was tasty, but if you’re not going to die of starvation then it’s probably an idea to wait until you leave the museum to find something else to eat.
Service wasn’t great either - we had to wait ages to get served, to get the bill, to pay for the bill.
Next time, I’ll bring my own sandwich

1  Thank HeMits